Next practices : an executive guide for education decision makers
- Vidal, Darryl, 1963- author.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Education, A division of Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- v, 90 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
LB1028.3 .V52 2014
- Unknown LB1028.3 .V52 2014
- Casey, Michael, 1957- author.
- Summary PART 1 - EDUCATION TECHNOLOGY AS DEFINED Introduction Education and Technology Your Organization PART 2 - REAL WORLD TECHNOLOGY SUCCESSES & FAILURES - WHAT & WHY Interactive White Boards One-to-one Initiative Wireless Networking Enterprise Computing and the Data Center PART 3 - PLANNING FOR EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY SUCCESS - CURRICULUM BASIS Curriculum Focused - Purposeful Work Professional Development - your District's Priorities, Practices, and Realities Technology Planning vs. Implementation Planning PART 4 - THE WAY FORWARD The Strategic Planning Process Strategy vs. Tactics Develop Technology Standards (Practices Aren't Standards) Be careful not to take too long of a view Classroom Technology Standards - The Classroom doesn't belong to the Teacher, it belongs to the School District (Shhhh ... Don't tell them!) Enterprise Management and Sustainability Enterprise Desktop Management - One Platform Please The Cloud The Physical Layer - Standardize Infrastructure PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER About the Authors.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- N3xt Practices is a ground-breaking advisory book for education decision makers. Its purpose is to challenge the top trends and initiatives of the previous decade in educational technology and bring light to their short-falls and misses. It also highlights successful endeavors and strategies and details a common-sense methodology to move your school/district forward in its technology initiatives while insuring sustainability, and longevity and ultimately, success through results. Next Practices identifies technology-based initiatives, such as Interactive White Boards, Data Centers, and 1-to-1 Computing, and reviews actual implementations and case studies - both successful and unsuccessful - to provide a structure to plan and implement educational technology initiatives practical for schools and districts of all sizes. Next Practices goes beyond the examination of current best practices and redefines for educational leaders NEXT Practices for successful technology initiatives in support of 21st century learning.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Darryl Vidal and Michael Casey.
- Title Variation
- N3xt practices
- 9781475808001 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1475808003 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781475808018 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1475808011 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781475808025 (electronic)