Handbook of energy engineering calculations [electronic resource]
- Tyler G. Hicks.
- New York : McGraw-Hill, c2013.
- Physical description
- 1 electronic text (1 v. (various pagings)) : ill.
- McGraw-Hill's AccessEngineering.
- Hicks, Tyler Gregory, 1921-
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Energy conversion engineering ; Steam power generation ; Gas-turbine energy power generation ; Internal-combustion engine energy analyses ; Nuclear energy engineering ; Hydroelectric energy power plants ; Wind-power energy design and application ; Solar-power energy application and usage ; Geothermal energy engineering ; Ocean energy engineering ; Heat transfer and energy conservation ; Fluid transfer engineering ; Interior climate control energy economics ; Energy conservation and environmental pollution control.
- Publisher's Summary
- SOLVE ENERGY PROBLEMS QUICKLY AND ACCURATELY Filled with step-by-step procedures for performing hundreds of calculations, this practical guide helps you solve a variety of applied energy engineering design and operating problems. Handbook of Energy Engineering Calculations features worked-out examples and enables you to obtain accurately results with minimum time and effort. Calculation procedures emphasize greenhouse gas and carbon dioxide emissions control as well as energy conservation and reuse. This is an invaluable, time-saving resource for anyone involved in energy engineering. Comprehensive coverage includes: Energy conversion engineering Steam power generation Gas-turbine power generation Internal-combustion engine energy analysis Nuclear energy engineering Hydroelectric energy power plants Wind power energy design and application Solar power energy application and usage Geothermal energy engineering Ocean energy engineering Heat transfer and energy conservation Fluid transfer engineering Interior climate control energy economics Energy conservation and environmental pollution control.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Power (Mechanics) > Mathematical models > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Force and energy > Mathematical models > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Engineering mathematics > Formulae > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Mechanical engineering > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Power-plants > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Plant engineering > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Environmental engineering > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Steam power plants.
- Energy conversion.
- Gas-turbine power-plants.
- Internal combustion engines.
- Nuclear engineering.
- Hydroelectric power plants.
- Wind power plants.
- Solar power plants.
- Geothermal engineering.
- Ocean energy resources.
- Heat > Transmission.
- Fluids > Thermal properties.
- Publication date
- McGraw-Hill's AccessEngineering
- Print version c2012.
- Also issued in print.