Chemical process and design handbook [electronic resource]
- James Speight.
- New York : McGraw-Hill, 
- Physical description
- 1 electronic text (1 v. (various pagings)) : ill.
- McGraw-Hill's AccessEngineering.
- Speight, J. G.
- Reaction types ; Manufacture of chemicals.
- Publisher's Summary
- This title provides the data you need to understand and control the chemical processes! Creating the product you want cannot be achieved without a full understanding of basic chemical processes such as reactions, separations, mixing, heating, cooling, pressure change, and particle size reduction and enlargement. "Chemical Process and Design Handbook" provides the essential qualitative analysis of all of these processes. "Chemical Process and Design Handbook": presents each of the major chemical processes in logically arranged alphabetical chapters; covers state-of-the-art processing operations in the chemical industry with precursors and intermediates combined according to their application within each chapter; and, places particular emphasis on chemical conversions - the chemical reactions applied to industrial processing.It provides easy-to-understand descriptions of chemical reactions in order to assist in the explanation of reactor type and design. It details the development and significance of a product, with emphasis placed on current processes. It describes the latest process developments. It delves into possible future improvements or changes to other more economical or readily available feedstocks. It extensively utilizes flow charts in order to clearly present the information in the perspective of the chemical process. Invaluable to chemical and environmental engineers as well as process designers, "Chemical Process and Design Handbook" puts information, answers, and solutions and your fingertips.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780071374330 20160614
- Supplemental links
- Contributor biographical information
- Publication date
- McGraw-Hill's AccessEngineering
- Print version c2002.
- Includes index.
- Also issued in print and PDF version.
- 0071374337 (print)