Thinking about thinking : metacognition for music learning
- Carol W. Benton.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Education, A division of Rowman & Littlefield : published in partnership with NAfME: National Association for Music Education, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiii, 165 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|MT1 .B525 2014||Unknown|
- Benton, Carol W., 1950- author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 153-163).
- Chapter 1 Thinking about Thinking: What is Metacognition? Chapter 2 Metacognition for Music Learning Chapter 3 Metacognition and Self-Regulation for Music Learning Chapter 4 Metacognition and Self-Reflection for Music Learning Chapter 5 Metacognition and Self-Evaluation for Music Learning Chapter 6 Socially Shared Metacognition: Thinking Aloud for Music Learning Chapter 7 Metacognition for Independent Music Practice Sessions Chapter 8 What Can Teachers Do? Bibliography.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Thinking about Thinking: Metacognition for Music Learning provides music educators with information, inspiration, and practical suggestions for teaching music. Written for music educators in multiple content areas and grade levels, the book sets forth guidelines for promoting the use of metacognitive skills among music students. Along with presenting an extensive overview of research on the topic, Dr. Benton shows how ideas gleaned from research can be put into daily practice in music classrooms and studios. General music teachers, directors of choral and instrumental ensembles, applied music teachers, future music educators, and music education collegiate faculty will find useful ideas and information here. In the current educational climate where all teachers are required to demonstrate that they encourage higher order thinking among their students, Thinking about Thinking: Metacognition for Music Learning gives music educators the tools they need to accomplish the task.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781475805116 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 147580511X (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781475805123 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1475805128 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781475805130 (electronic)
- 1475805136 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: