Recent Progress in Computational and Applied PDES : Conference Proceedings for the International Conference Held in Zhangjiajie in July 2001
- edited by Tony F. Chan, Yunqing Huang, Tao Tang, Jinchao Xu, Long-An Ying.
- Boston, MA : Springer US : Imprint : Springer, 2002.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (444 pages)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface. List of participants. Shift Theorems for the Biharmonic Dirichlet Problem-- C. Bacuta, et al. Numerical Methods for Schroedinger Equations-- Weizhu Bao, et al. Inverse Doping Problems for Semiconductor Devices-- M. Burger, et al. Superconductivity Analogies, Ferroelectricity and Flow Defects in Liquid Crystals-- M. Carme Calderer. Bayesian Inpainting Based on Geometric Image Models-- T.F. Chan, J. Shen. A Combination of Algebraic Multigrid Algorithms with the Conjugate Gradient Technique-- Qianshum Chang, Z. Huang. Basic Structures of Superconvergence in Finite Element Analysis-- Chuanmiao Chen. A Posteriori Error Estimates for Mixed Finite Elements of a Quadratic Control Problem-- Y. Chen, W. Liu. Superconvergence of Least-Squares Mixed Finite Element Approximations over Quadrilaterals-- Yanping Chen, Manping Zhang. A Posteriori Error Analysis and Adaptive Methods for Parabolic Problem-- Zhiming Chen. Numerical Computation of Quantized Vortices in the Bose-Einstein Condensate-- Qiang Du. An Optimization Algorithm for the Meteorological Data Assimilation Problem-- E. Eggeling, S. Ta'asan. Analytic Aspects of Yang-Mills Fields-- G. Tian. The Shape Optimization of Axisymmetric Structures Based on Fictitious Loads Variable-- S. Gong, et al. A New Kind of Preconditioner for Interface Equations of Mortar Multipliers on Subspaces-- Q. Hu. An Optimal Error Estimate for an h-p Glouds Galerkin Method-- J. Hu, et al. Some Problems in Large Scale Non-Hermitian Matrix Computations-- Z. Jia. Global Propagation of Regular Nonlinear Hyperbolic Waves-- T. Li. Numerical Simulation of 3D Shallow Water Waves on Sloping Beach-- T. Li, P. Zhang. High Performance Finite Element Methods-- Q. Lin. Algebraic Multigrid Method OnLattice Block Materials-- S. Shu, et al. On the Existence of Symmetric Three Dimensional Solutions-- J. Su, B.L. Tran. A Combined Mixed Finite Element and Discontinuous Galerkin Method for Miscible Displacement Problem in Porous Media-- S. Sun, et al. Numerical Simulation and Coarse-Graining of Large Particle Systems-- S. Ta'asan. Modeling and Simulations for Electrochemical Power Systems-- J. Wu, J. Xu. On the Error Estimates of the Fully Discrete Nonlinear Galerkin Method with Variable Modes to Kuramoto-Sivashinsky Equation-- W. Yu-jiang, Y. Zhong-hua. A Perturbed Density-Dependent Navier-Stokes Equation-- Y. Xiao. A Cascadic Multigrid Method for Solving Obstacle Problems-- J.P. Zeng, et al. The Fundamental Equation of Two-Dimensional Layer Flows of the Melt Feedstock in the Powder Injection Molding Process-- Z. Zheng, X. Qu. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
The International Symposium on Computational & Applied PDEs was held at Zhangjiajie National Park of China from July 1-7, 2001. The main goal of this conference is to bring together computational, applied and pure mathematicians on different aspects of partial differential equations to exchange ideas and to promote collaboration. Indeed, it attracted a number of leading scientists in computational PDEs including Doug Arnold (Minnesota), Jim Bramble (Texas A & M), Achi Brandt (Weizmann), Franco Brezzi (Pavia), Tony Chan (UCLA), Shiyi Chen (John Hopkins), Qun Lin (Chinese Academy of Sciences), Mitch Luskin (Minnesota), Tom Manteuffel (Colorado), Peter Markowich (Vienna), Mary Wheeler (Texas Austin) and Jinchao Xu (Penn State); in applied and theoretical PDEs including Weinan E (Princeton), Shi Jin (Wisconsin), Daqian Li (Fudan) and Gang Tian (MIT). It also drew an international audience of size 100 from Austria, China, Germany, Hong Kong, Iseael, Italy, Singapore and the United States. The conference was organized by Yunqing Huang of Xiangtan University, Jinchao Xu of Penn State University, and Tony Chan of UCLA through ICAM (Institute for Computational and Applied Mathematics) of Xiangtan university which was founded in January 1997 and directed by Jinchao Xu. The scientific committee of this conference consisted of Randy Bank of UCSD, Tony Chan of UCLA, K. C.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781461501138 (electronic bk.)
- 146150113X (electronic bk.)
- 0306474204 (acid-free paper)
- 9780306474200 (acid-free paper)