Improving instruction through supervision, evaluation, and professional development
- DiPaola, Michael F., 1947- author.
- Charlotte, North Carolina : Information Age Publishing, Inc., 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- x, 385 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
LB2806.4 .D56 2014
- Unknown LB2806.4 .D56 2014
- Hoy, Wayne K. author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 353-375) and index.
- Instructional leadership
- An integrated model of instructional leadership
- Creating a school context to improve student learning
- A model for classroom supervision
- Supervision of instruction
- Supervisory skills
- Professional development
- Implementing evaluation
- Improving instruction
- Supervision and professional development: an application
- Evaluation, supervision, and professional development: applications.
- Publisher's Summary
- This new book recognizes the reality that all principals are responsible for supervision, evaluation, and professional development of their teachers--tasks that are neither simple nor without conflict. The primary audience of this text is aspiring and practicing principals. We hope to help them understand both the theory and practice of supervision, evaluation, and professional development. Observing instruction, collection data for reflection, and having conversations about teaching however, are not sole provinces of principals. Master teachers, teacher leaders, and teacher colleagues can also benefit from the Supervisory sections of the book, especially the chapters on high-quality instruction, improving instruction, and the classroom data collecting tools.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- by Michael F. DiPaola (The College of William & Mary) and Wayne K. Hoy (Ohio State University).
- Updated revision of Principals Improving Instruction, 2008--Page vii.
- Related Work
- DiPaola, Michael F., 1947- Principals improving instruction.
- 9781623964788 (pbk.)
- 1623964784 (pbk.)
- 9781623964795 (hardcover)
- 1623964792 (hardcover)
- 9781623964801 (ebook)
- 1623964806 (ebook)