A feast of learning : international perspectives on adult learning and change
- edited by Roger Hiemstra (Syracuse University), Philippe Carré (Université Paris Ouest, Nanterra la Défense).
- Charlotte, NC : Information Age Publishing, Inc., 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- x, 197 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Adult education special topics.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LC5225 .L42 F43 2013
- Unknown LC5225 .L42 F43 2013
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction: The Learning Priority / Roger (Rog) Hiemstra
- 2.Heuristics of Adult Learning / Philippe Carre
- 3.Facilitating Adult Self-Directed Learning / Roger (Rog) Hiemstra
- 4.Placing Individuals at the Learning Process' Center to Increase Organizational Training's Impact / Jean-Francois Roussel
- 5.Hypothetical Model for Executives' Self-Development / Kathe Schneider
- 6.Identifying Challenges for Distance Learning: Quality, Design, and Facilitation / Kathleen P. King
- 7.Promoting Self-Directed Science Learning for All: Beyond the Scientist/Nonscientist Social Divide / Olivier Las Vergnas
- 8.Entertainment-Education Communication Strategy: An Alternative Way to Learn / Jesus Arroyave
- 9.Transforming Education From the Inside Out: Positive Deviance to Enhance Learning and Student Retention / Arvind Singhal
- 10.Learning Through the Life Course: Social Policy vs. Individual Agency / Karen Evans
- 11.A Veritable Knowledge Feast / Philippe Carre.
- Publisher's Summary
- This book provides perspectives from authors in six countries (Canada, Colombia, Germany, France, UK, USA) pertaining to adult learning in the 21st Century. This book grew out of an exciting International Conference on Adult Learning (ICAL) held in Paris, May 27-29, 2012. Imagine "listening in" as these international scholars, representing expertise in various areas related to adult education, focus their collective attention to the topic of adult learning. Their task is to concentrate their research and intellectual acumen on where adult learning is heading in the 21st Century and to bring together their varied areas of expertise to expand the field of adult education's knowledge base. This book provides more than a record of their papers and meetings. Instead, each author has revised their paper with symposium feedback to help capture the discussion, synergy and growing knowledge base we envision together. Now you can read how these leading scholars understand adult learning in light on their collective work.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Adult education special topics : theory, research, and practice in lifelong learning
- "From a 2012 symposium that took place [...] at the 13th century Abbey of Royaumont north of Paris."--Pages viii-ix
- 9781623963736 (pbk.)
- 1623963737 (pbk.)
- 9781623963743 (hardcover)
- 1623963745 (hardcover)
- 9781623963750 (ebook)