Game data analysis [electronic resource] : tools and methods
- Thibault, Coupart.
- Birmingham, UK : Packt Pub., 2013.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (1 v.) : ill.
- Publisher's Summary
- Publishing video games online has been gaining in popularity for a number of years, but with the advent of social networks and the use of in-game data analysis recently, its potential profitability has skyrocketed. The power of video game analytics is immensely beneficial if done well; it can provide a lot of information with a high level of relevancy. Game Data Analysis - Tools and Methods is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with a large overview of the choices available performing video game data analysis. From the technical aspect of the field to its implications in terms of game design, you will be able to choose the right tools for your needs. This book looks at the most useful key performance indicators used in video games and then highlights the strengths and weaknesses of different solutions that are available in order to collect your data. The book will finally explain the kind of analysis you need to perform according the content of your game. You will learn how to generate content through the use of data analysis with A/B testing and multivariate testing. We will also take a look at the general rules of data visualization, and we will describe some of the typical traps that you should avoid when manipulating numbers. So, if you want to acquire all the basics of game data analysis, this book is ideal for you. Video Game Data Analysis - Tools and Methods will teach you everything you need to know in order to make the right choice when it comes to the technical solutions and methods available in the field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Author: Coupart Thibault. Cf. "About the author" page.
- Includes index.
- 9781849697910 (electronic bk.)
- 1849697914 (electronic bk.)
- 1306157749 (ebk)
- 9781306157742 (ebk)