Molecular plant taxonomy : methods and protocols
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QH506 .M45 V.1115||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Plant Taxonomy: An Historical Perspective, Current Challenges and Perspectives Germinal Rouhan and Myriam Gaudeul 2. Guidelines for the Choice of Sequences for Molecular Plant Taxonomy Pascale Besse 3. Leaf Tissue Sampling and DNA Extraction Protocols Kassa Semagn 4. DNA Extraction from Herbarium Specimens Lenka Zaveska Drabkova 5. Analysis of Variation in Chloroplast DNA Sequences Berthold Heinze, Agnieszka Koziel-Monte, and Daniela Jahn 6. Mitochondrial Genome and Plant Taxonomy Jerome Duminil 7. Nuclear Ribosomal RNA Genes: ITS Region Pascale Besse 8. New Technologies for Ultra-High Throughput Genotyping in Plant Taxonomy David Edwards, Manuel Zander, Jessica Dalton-Morgan, and Jacqueline Batley 9. Development of Microsatellite Enriched Libraries Helene Vignes and Ronan Rivallan 10. Randomly Amplified Polymorphic DNA (RAPD) and Derived Techniques K. Nirmal Babu, M. K. Rajesh, K. Samsudeen, Divakaran Minoo, E. J. Suraby, K. Anupama, and Paul Ritto 11. Multilocus Profiling with AFLP, ISSR and SAMPL Luis F. Goulao and Cristina M. Oliveira 12. Transposon Based Tagging: IRAP, REMAP and iPBS Ruslan Kalendar and Alan H. Schulman 13. Phylogenetic Reconstruction Methods: An Overview Alexandre De Bruyn, Darren P. Martin, and Pierre Lefeuvre 14. The Application of Flow Cytometry for Estimating Genome Size and Ploidy Level in Plants Jaume Pellicer and Ilia J. Leitch 15. Molecular Cytogenetics (FISH and Flurochrome Banding): Resolving Species Relationships and Genome Organisation Sonja Siljak-Yakovlev, Fatima Pustahija, Vedrana Vicic, and Odile Robin 16. GISH: Resolving Interspecific and Intergeneric Hybrids Nathalie Piperidis 17. On the Relevance of Molecular Tools for the Taxonomy Revision in Malvales, Malvaceae s.l. and Dombeyoideae Timothee Le Pechon and Luc D. B. Gigord 18. What Has Molecular Systematics Contributed to Our Knowledge of the Plant Family Proteaceae? Peter Weston.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781627037662 20160614
- Publisher's Summary
- Plant taxonomy is an ancient discipline facing new challenges with the current availability of a vast array of molecular approaches which allow reliable genealogy-based classifications. Although the primary focus of plant taxonomy is on the delimitation of species, molecular approaches also provide a better understanding of evolutionary processes, a particularly important issue for some taxonomic complex groups. Molecular Plant Taxonomy: Methods and Protocols describes laboratory protocols based on the use of nucleic acids and chromosomes for plant taxonomy, as well as guidelines for phylogenetic analysis of molecular data. Experts in the field also contribute review and application chapters that will encourage the reader to develop an integrative taxonomy approach, combining nucleic acid and cytogenetic data together with other crucial information (taxonomy, morphology, anatomy, ecology, reproductive biology, biogeography, paleobotany), which will help not only to best circumvent species delimitation but also to resolve the evolutionary processes in play. Written in the successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and easily accessible, Molecular Plant Taxonomy: Methods and Protocols seeks to provide conceptual as well as technical guidelines to plant taxonomists and geneticists.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781627037662 20160614
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Methods in molecular biology ; 1115
- Springer protocols
- 9781627037679 (eBook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: