Unlocking the moviemaking mind : tales of voice, vision, and video from K-12 classrooms
- Michael Schoonmaker and John M. Wolf.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Education, a division of Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- ix, 154 pages ; 24 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB1044.75 .S34 2014
- Unknown LB1044.75 .S34 2014
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 151-154).
- Preface Introduction Part One: Keys Chapter 1: Telling Stories and Storytelling *Instinct *Connection *Nature *Motivation Chapter 2: Video Is Not Vocation *Expression *Purpose *Solution *Integration Chapter 3: Destination and Journey in Video Production *Reason *Invention *Resilience Part Two: Locks Chapter 4: Behind the Camera, In Front of the Lens: Video and Self-Discovery *Boundaries *Acknowledgment *Paths Chapter 5: Video and Voice *Listening *Hearing *Perspective *Noise *Fringe *Humanity Part Three: Unlocking the Moviemaking Mind Chapter 6: Media and Literacy *Reciprocity *Empowerment *Transformation Chapter 7: The Mess Is the Message *Motive *Confabulation Conclusion References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Have you ever had an idea for a book, a movie, or a TV show? Chances are that you've had many. Today's students, who are coming of age in a world that is increasingly mediated by smartphones, pads, pods, apps, and the Internet, are even more likely to think of their lives and experiences in terms of stories. Unlocking the Moviemaking Mind explores how our innate abilities as storytellers can be used in the K-12 classroom to stimulate new approaches to learning. Relying on data collected during a multi-year research project in a variety of school settings, this book relies on story and synthesis to present tried and true methods of introducing media making practices in the classroom. Unlocking the Moviemaking Mind also offers strategies for overcoming individual and systematic barriers that educators and administrators are likely to encounter when incorporating storytelling into their curricula. Moreover, the book broaches topics that are especially germane to today's students, including literacy, motivation, and experiential learning.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781475803884 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1475803885 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781475803891 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1475803893 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781475803907 (electronic)
- 1475803907 (electronic)