Therapeutic applications of ribozymes and riboswitches : methods and protocols
QH506 .M45 V.1103
- Unknown QH506 .M45 V.1103
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Identification of Regulatory RNA in Bacterial Genomes by Genome-Scale Mapping of Transcription Start Sites Navjot Singh and Joseph T. Wade 2. Screening Inhibitory potential of anti-HIV RT RNA Aptamers Margaret J. Lange and Donald H. Burke 3. Design and Evaluation of Clinically Relevant SOFA-HDV Ribozymes Targeting HIV RNA Robert J. Scarborough, Michel V. Levesque, Jean-Pierre Perreault, and Anne Gatignol 4. Directing RNase P-mediated Cleavage of Target mRNAs by Engineered External Guide Sequences in Cultured Cells Xiaohong Jiang, Naresh Sunkara, Sangwei Lu, and Fenyong Liu 5. Design and Analysis of Hammerhead Ribozyme Activity Against an Artificial Gene Target James Carter, Pruksa Nawtaisong, Velmurugan Balaraman, and Malcolm J. Fraser Jr. 6. Knockdown Strategies for the Study of Proprotein Converstase and Proliferation in Prostate Cancer Cells Francois D'Anjou, Frederic Couture, Roxane Desjardins and Robert Day 7. Use of Tumor-Targeting Trans-Splicing Ribozyme for Cancer Treatment Seong-Wook Lee and Jin-Sook Jeong 8. Characterization of Hairpin Ribozyme Reactions Preeti Bajaj and Christian Hammann 9. Finding Instances of Riboswitches and Ribozymes by Homology Search of Structured RNA with Infernal Amell El Korbi, Jonathan Ouellet, Mohammad Reza Naghdi, and Jonathan Perreault 10. Structure-based Virtual Screening for the Identification of RNA-binding Ligands Peter Daldrop and Ruth Brenk 11. Probing Riboswitch Binding Sites with Molecular Docking, Focused Libraries, and in-line Probing Assays Francesco Colizzi, Anne-Marie Lamontagne, Daniel A. Lafontaine, and Giovanni Bussi 12. Discovery of Small Molecule Modifiers of microRNAs for the Treatment of HCV Infection Valerie T. Tripp and Douglas D. Young 13. Bacterial Flavin Mononucleotide Riboswitches as Targets for Flavin Analogs Danielle Biscardo Pedrolli and Matthias Mack 14. Construction and Application of Riboswitch-based Sensors That Detect Metabolites Within Bacterial Cells Casey C. Fowler and Yingfu Li 15. Screening Assays to Identify Artificial glmS Ribozyme Activators Christina E. Lunse and Gunter Mayer 16. Analysis of Riboswitch Structure and Ligand Binding using Small-angle X-ray Scattering (SAXS) Nathan J. Baird and Adrian R. Ferre-D'Amare 17. Use of SHAPE to Select 2AP Substitution sites for RNA-ligand Interactions and Dynamics Studies Marie F. Souliere and Ronald Micura 18. Cell Internalization SELEX: In Vitro Selection for Molecules that Internalize into Cells Amy Yan and Matthew Levy 19. DNA Electronic Switches Based on Analyte-Responsive Aptamers Jason M. Thomas, Hua-Zhong Yu, and Dipankar Sen.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- In Therapeutic Applications of Ribozymes and Riboswitches: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers in the field provide a complete overview of protocols used in the development of RNA molecule as drugs and drug target. These include methods and protocols on recent and precise RNA molecule approaches or studies in the development of an RNA therapeutic tool. We are convinced that these methods will help researchers from various domains of life sciences, including clinicians, biochemists and virologists. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and practical, Therapeutic Applications of Ribozymes and Riboswitches: Methods and Protocols seeks to aid scientists in the further development of new therapeutic applications implicating RNA molecules or directly targeting harmful RNA.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- edited by Daniel Lafontaine and Audrey Dubé.
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 1103
- Springer protocols
- 9781627037297 (alk. paper)
- 1627037292 (alk. paper)
- 978627037303 (eBook)