New Topographical Atlas Of The State Of Pennsylvania With Descriptions Historical, Scientific, and Statistical. Together With A Map Of The United States and Territories. By Professor Henry F. Walling, Lafayette College, Easton, Pa. And O.W. Gray, Civil & Top'l. Engineer, 10 North Fifth Street, Philadelphia. Published By Stedman, Brown & Lyon, Philadelphia. 1872. (on verso) Entered .. 1871, by H.F. Walling, And O.W. Gray ... Washington. J. Fagan & Son, Electrotypers, Philad'a [cartographic material].
- Phil : Stedman, Brown, Lyon, 1872.
- Physical description
- 1 atlas : 26 maps ; 45 x 36 cm
Also available at
At the library
David Rumsey Map Center
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|G1261.C28 G7 1872 F||In-library use|
Item belongs to a collection
The David Rumsey Map Collection was started in the mid 1980s and contains more than 150,000 maps. The collection focuses on rare 16th to 21st century maps of North and South America, the World, Asia, Africa, Europe, and Oceania. The collection includes atlases, wall maps, globes, school geographies, pocket maps, books of exploration, maritime charts, and a variety of cartographic materials.
- Digital collection
- 75771 digital items
- Atlases > Pennsylvania > 19th century.
- Topographic maps > Pennsylvania > 19th century.
- Historical geography > Pennsylvania > Maps > 19th century.
- Science > Pennsylvania > Maps > 19th century.
- Statistical maps > Pennsylvania > 19th century.
- Pennsylvania > Maps > 19th century.
- United States > Territories and possessions > Maps > 19th century.
- Local subject
- The David Rumsey Map Collection.
- Publication date
- References: P2453.
- State Atlas.
- This was the first State atlas of Pennsylvania. Bound in half leather burgandy cloth covered boards with "Atlas Of Pennsylvania With Descriptions." gold stamped on the front and blind stamped on the back. Full color.
- Pub list no.: 1155.000.
Browse related items
Start at call number: