The National Atlas. Containing Elaborate Topographical Maps Of The United States And The Dominion of Canada, With Plans Of Cities And General Maps Of The World. Also, Descriptions and Tables, Historical and Statistical ... Accompanied By Special, Railway, And Scientific Maps And Articles. Special Edition. Stedman & Brown, Publishers, No. 56 North Fourth Street, Philadelphia. Philadelphia: O.W. Gray & Son, Geographical Establishment, No. 56 North Fourth Street. 1884. (on verso) Copyright 1876, by O.W. Gray & Son. Entered ... 1882, by O.W. Gray & Son ... Washington [cartographic material].
- Phila : Stedman & Brown, 1884.
- Physical description
- 1 atlas : 74 maps ; 45 x 39 cm
Also available at
At the library
David Rumsey Map Center
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|G1201.C28 G7 1884 F||In-library use|
Item belongs to a collection
The David Rumsey Map Collection was started in the mid 1980s and contains more than 150,000 maps. The collection focuses on rare 16th to 21st century maps of North and South America, the World, Asia, Africa, Europe, and Oceania. The collection includes atlases, wall maps, globes, school geographies, pocket maps, books of exploration, maritime charts, and a variety of cartographic materials.
- Digital collection
- 75771 digital items
- Atlases > United States > 19th century.
- World maps > 19th century.
- Topographic maps > United States > 19th century.
- Historical geography > United States > Maps > 19th century.
- Statistical maps > United States > 19th century.
- Cities and towns > United States > Maps > 19th century.
- Postal service > United States > Maps > 19th century.
- Railroads > United States > Maps > 19th century.
- Science > United States > Maps > 19th century.
- Charts, diagrams, etc. > United States > 19th century.
- United States > Maps > 19th century.
- Canada > Maps > 19th century.
- Local subject
- The David Rumsey Map Collection.
- Publication date
- References: cf P6229, 11048 (1886 edition).
- Same map set as the Atlas of the United States and the Continental Atlas, but the maps are in many cases enlarged to double page, with more city maps added. This edition adds a nice double page map of Dakota. Maps are in full hand painted color. Atlas is bound in half leather brown cloth covered boards with "The National Atlas" stamped on the front cover and spine in gilt.
- World Atlas.
- Pub list no.: 0312.000.
Browse related items
Start at call number: