Gray's Atlas Of The United States, With General Maps Of The World. Accompanied By Descriptions Geographical, Historical, Scientific and Statistical. By O.W. Gray, Civil And Topographical Engineer, No. 10 North Fifth Street, Philadelphia. Published By Stedman, Brown & Lyon, No. 10 North Fifth Street, Philadelphia. 1874. (on verso) Entered ... 1873, by O.W. Gray ... Washington [cartographic material].
- Phila : Stedman, Brown & Lyon, 1874.
- Physical description
- 1 atlas : 66 maps ; 45 x 39 cm
Also available at
At the library
David Rumsey Map Center
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|G1200 .G7 1874 LATE ISSUE F||In-library use|
Item belongs to a collection
The David Rumsey Map Collection was started in the mid 1980s and contains more than 150,000 maps. The collection focuses on rare 16th to 21st century maps of North and South America, the World, Asia, Africa, Europe, and Oceania. The collection includes atlases, wall maps, globes, school geographies, pocket maps, books of exploration, maritime charts, and a variety of cartographic materials.
- Digital collection
- 75771 digital items
- Atlases > United States > 19th century.
- World maps > 19th century.
- Historical geography > United States > Maps > 19th century.
- Science > United States > Maps > 19th century.
- Statistical maps > United States > 19th century.
- Charts, diagrams, etc. > Mountains > Rivers > 19th century.
- United States > Maps > 19th century.
- Local subject
- The David Rumsey Map Collection.
- Publication date
- Late 1874 issue - the extra double page Oregon, California and Nevada map is undated and the inset map of the Bay Area shows a new railroad from Benicia, and other railroads projected. However, we cannot find any other changes from the early 1874 issue. Edition for the California market, with the extra map of Sacramento and the map of Oregon, California and Nevada. Full color. Bound in half leather brown cloth covered boards stamped in gold with "Gray's Atlas Of The United States And General Maps Of The World With Descriptions."; the spine reads "Gray's Atlas Of The United States".
- References: P4526.
- World Atlas.
- Pub list no.: 4740.000.
Browse related items
Start at call number: