The Library Atlas Of Modern Geography ... With A Full Gazetteer And Indexes And An Illustrated Descriptive Text Based On The Results Of The Latest Censuses. New York, D. Appleton And Company 1892. (on verso) Copyright, 1892, By D. Appleton And Company [cartographic material].
- New York : D. Appleton and Co, 1892.
- Physical description
- 1 atlas : 103 maps ; 36 x 30 cm
Also available at
At the library
David Rumsey Map Center
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|G1046.F1 A6 1892 F||In-library use|
Item belongs to a collection
The David Rumsey Map Collection was started in the mid 1980s and contains more than 150,000 maps. The collection focuses on rare 16th to 21st century maps of North and South America, the World, Asia, Africa, Europe, and Oceania. The collection includes atlases, wall maps, globes, school geographies, pocket maps, books of exploration, maritime charts, and a variety of cartographic materials.
- Digital collection
- 75771 digital items
- Atlases > 19th century.
- World maps > 19th century.
- Boundaries > Maps > 19th century.
- Statistical maps > 19th century.
- Census > Maps > 19th century.
- Gazetteers > Maps > 19th century.
- United States > Maps > 19th century.
- Canada > Maps > 19th century.
- Local subject
- The David Rumsey Map Collection.
- Publication date
- References: P969.
- U.S. maps by Matthews-Northrup; extensive city maps. Same engravers did the Century Atlas. With full printed color. Bound in half leather dark brown cloth covered boards with "Appletons' Atlas Of Modern Geography" stamped on the front cover and spine in gilt.
- World Atlas.
- Pub list no.: 0026.000.
Browse related items
Start at call number: