The Oxford handbook of international business [electronic resource]
- edited by Alan M. Rugman.
- 2nd ed.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, c2009.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xix, 857 p.) : ill., plans.
- Oxford handbooks.
- Rugman, Alan M.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- PART I: HISTORY AND THEORY OF THE MULTINATIONAL ENTERPRISE
- 1. The History of Multinational Enterprise
- 2. The Key Literature on IB Activities: 1960-2006
- 3. The Gravity Model in International Trade
- 4. Strategic Complexity in International Business
- 5. Theories of the Multinational Enterprise
- 6. Location, Competitiveness, and the Multinational Enterprise
- PART II: THE POLITICAL AND REGULATORY ENVIRONMENT
- 7. Sovereignty@Bay: Globalization, Multinational Enterprise, and the International Political System
- 8. National Policies and Domestic Politics
- 9. Multinational Enterprises and Public Policy
- 10. An Institution-Based View of International Business Strategies
- 11. Multilateral Institutions and Policies and Their Implications for Multinational Business Strategy
- PART III: STRATEGY AND INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
- 12. Strategy and the Multinational Enterprise
- 13. The Multinational Enterprise as an Organization
- 14. Strategy and Management in MNE Subsidiaries
- 15. Strategic Alliances
- PART IV: MANAGING THE MNE
- 16. Innovation and Information Technology in the MNE
- 17. International Marketing and the Supply Chain
- 18. Culture and Human Resources Management
- 19. Environmental Policy and International Business
- 20. International Financial Management and Multinational Enterprises
- 21. Taxes, Transfer Pricing, and the Multinational Enterprise
- PART V: AREA STUDIES
- 22. Japan
- 23. China and International Business
- 24. The Smaller Scale Economies of Pacific Asia and their Business Systems
- PART VI: METHODOLOGICAL ISSUES
- 25. Methodological Contributions in International Business Research
- 26. Issues in Country and International Business Risk
- 27. Comparative International Business Research Methods
- 28. Metrics for International Business Research.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
As globalization explodes, so has international business scholarship. This second edition of the Oxford Handbook of International Business synthesises all the relevant literature of the last 40 years in 28 original chapters by the world's most distinguished scholars. Reflecting the changes and development in the field since the first edition this new edition has a changed structure, all the chapters have been updated to take account of the latest scholarship, and five new chapters freshly written. The Handbook is divided into six major sections, providing comprehensive coverage of the following areas: * History and Theory of the Multinational Enterprise * The Political and Regulatory Environment * Strategy and International Management * Managing the MNE * Area Studies * Methodological Issues These state of the art literature reviews will be invaluable references for students in business schools, social sciences, law, and area studies.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- International business
- Oxford handbooks
- 9780191577086 (ebook) : No price