Common core meets education reform : what it all means for politics, policy, and the future of schooling
- edited by Frederick M. Hess, Michael Q. McShane.
- New York : Teachers College Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- viii, 232 pages : illustration ; 24 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3060.83 .C64 2014||Unknown|
- Hess, Frederick M.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction, Frederick M. Hess and Michael Q. McShane The Lay of the Land, Michael Q. McShane The Role of Governors, Dane Linn Teacher Quality Reforms, Morgan Polikoff Will Charter Schools Lead or Lag? Robin Lake and Tricia Maas Accountability: A Story of Opportunities and Challenges, Deven Carlson The History of History Standards: The Prospects for Standards for Social Studies, Peter Meyer Technology, Taryn Hochleitner and Allison Kimmel Visions and Challenges for Multistate Governance and Sustainability, Patrick McGuinn A Reform at Risk? The Political Realities, Ashley Jochim Conclusion: The Common Core and the Reform Agenda, Frederick M. Hess and Michael Q. McShane.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780807754795 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- How can the Common Core complement and not conflict with school improvement efforts already at work across the United States? How can it be seamlessly integrated into accountability systems, teacher preparation and development, charter schools, and educational technology? This timely volume brings together prominent scholars and policy analysts to examine the pressing issues that will mark Common Core implementation. Whether or not you agree with the standards, the Common Core is coming, and this book will help policymakers, practitioners, and other stakeholders anticipate the challenges and take steps to address them.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780807754795 20160612
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9780807754788 (pbk.)
- 0807754781 (pbk.)
- 9780807754795 (hbk.)
- 080775479X (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: