Management of water quality in Moldova
- Gheorghe Duca, editor.
- Cham ; New York : Springer, c2014.
- Physical description
- viii, 241 p. : ill. (some col.), col. maps ; 24 cm.
- Water science and technology library ; v. 69.
Earth Sciences Library (Branner)
|TD295 .M629 M36 2014||Unknown|
- Duca, Gheorghe, 1952-
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Part I Water Structure and Quality.- Integrated Water Management in the Republic of Moldova.- Water Structure, Quantum Nature of Hydrogen Bonds and Diffusion of Water Molecules in Chloride Aqueous Solutions.- Electrochemical Solar Cells Based on Pigments.- The Opportunity of Recognition of the Right to Water as a Fundamental Human Right.- Argumentation of Hygienic Indicators of Water Quality.- Part II Surface Water.- Chemical Composition of Right Bank Tributaries of Nistru River and their General Impact.- Hydrobiocenosis State of the Prut River.- Flood Wave Modeling and Assessment of Risk Areas in Cases of Nistru River Floods.- Part III Groundwater.- Groundwater Quality in the Republic of Moldova.- Part IV Water Treatment.- Textile Waste Water Treatment of Dyes by Combining the Coagulation and Catalytic Oxidation with Hydrogen Peroxide Methods.- Treatment of Sulfurous Waters Using Activated Carbons.- Application of Bioactive Substances in the Biogas Technology.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book deals with water management, one of the most challenging issues of contemporary society. Research and innovation in the field of water management must address certain fundamental aspects: access to water, water quality, water treatment, transboundary effect of water, etc. A comprehensive analysis was performed in a national research program of Moldova, entitled "Research and management of water quality". The main goal of the research program was to create and improve the legal, scientific and methodological, technological basis and sustainable development of water, implementation of modern technologies in water supply, treatment and reuse. Other priorities include expansion of access to water sources, improvement of environmental protection, especially water protection against pollution and depletion, efficient water use and establishing an effective monitoring system for disaster prevention. The topics concern research of water structure and quality, surface water, groundwater, water treatment, irrigation technologies and water pollution by remains from industry, one of the main environmental problems of our time. The book helps to get to coherent water policies of states.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Water Science and Technology Library ; v. 69
Browse related items
Start at call number: