Energy efficient buildings with solar and geothermal resources
- by Ursula Eicker.
- Chichester : Wiley-Blackwell, 2014.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- Eicker, Ursula, author.
- Publisher's Summary
- A modern and unique perspective on solar and geothermal technologies for heating and cooling buildings This book will have a broad appeal reaching practising engineers in the industry as well as students. With introductory sections for each technology described, material includes chapters on: geothermal energy use for the heating and cooling of buildings; a chapter on electrically driven heat pumps/chillers; material on night radiative cooling, photovoltaic thermal collectors, temperature modelling and thin film photovoltaic modelling. Includes general introductory sections for each technology with market potential and applications Covers an increasingly important component of energy courses Considers a broad range of alternative renewable energy supplies relevant to the building sector, such as geothermal energy with heat pump With a special focus on solar cooling, provides detailed physical models of all technologies and example calculations Unique in covering the fundamentals of meteorological modelling.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Available in another form
- Print version: Eicker, Ursula, author. Energy efficient buildings with solar and geothermal resources ( 9781118352243 )
- 9781118707074 (electronic bk.)
- 1118707079 (electronic bk.)
- 9781118707050 (electronic bk.)
- 1118707052 (electronic bk.)