Learning-focused leadership in action : improving instruction in schools and districts
- Michael S. Knapp, Meredith I. Honig, Margaret L. Plecki, Bradley S. Portin, and Michael A. Copland.
- New York : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xii, 242 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2831.6 .K53 2014||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 217-232) and index.
- Preface Acknowledgments Chapter 1: Introduction: The Evolution of Learning-Focused Leadership in Scholarship and Practice Michael S. Knapp Part One: Learning-Focused Leadership in Schools Chapter 2. Team-Based Leadership of Instructional Improvement in Demanding School Contexts Bradley S. Portin and Michael S. Knapp Chapter 3. Learning-Focused Leadership Support Within the School Michael S. Knapp and Bradley S. Portin Part Two: The Central Office as Learning-Focused Support System for Instructional Improvement Chapter 4. Transforming Central Office Leadership for Instructional Improvement Meredith I. Honig Chapter 5. Conditions Supporting Central Office Leadership for Instructional Improvement Meredith I. Honig and Michael A. Copland Part Three: Investing in Learning-Focused Leadership Chapter 6. Frameworks and Strategies for Investing in Instructional Leadership Margaret L. Plecki and Michael S. Knapp Chapter 7. Investing for Equity in Instructional Improvement Margaret L. Plecki, Thomas Halverson, and Michael S. Knapp Chapter 8: Conclusion: Practicing and Supporting Learning-Focused Leadership in Schools and Districts Michael S. Knapp, Michael A. Copland, Meredith I. Honig, Margaret L. Plecki, and Bradley S. Portin Methodological Appendix References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415716239 20160613
- Publisher's Summary
- In an educational context where school and district performance is of increasing focus, it's essential for leaders at all levels of the educational system to focus on improving student performance. This volume zeros in on a promising set of strategies and practices for all leaders to motivate, support, and sustain learning in contemporary schools. Learning-Focused Leadership in Action explores what it means for educational leadership to be "learning-focused, " what this looks like in practice at both the school and district level, and how such leadership changes can be set in motion. Drawing on extensive case study research in schools and districts that are making progress on learning improvement, this volume explores how leaders at all levels of the educational system can productively seek to improve the quality of learning opportunities and student performance, no matter how challenging the circumstances.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415716239 20160613
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9780415716215 (hardback)
- 0415716217 (hardback)
- 9780415716239 (paperback)
- 0415716233 (paperback)
- 9781315880013 (e-book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: