CFEO [electronic resource] : Chopin's first editions online
- London : King's College London, Centre for Computing in the Humanities, 2005-2007.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- The project's chief aim was to create an online resource uniting all of the first impressions of Chopin's first editions in an unprecedented virtual collection, thereby providing direct access to musicians and musicologists to some of the most important primary source materials relevant to the composer's music. The c. 5,500 digital images in the CFEO archive were obtained from five lead institutions (Bibliothèque Nationale de France, Bodleian Library, British Library, Narodowy Instytut Fryderyka Chopina and the University of Chicago Library) and seventeen other libraries. The full score of each first impression appears along with commentary on particularly significant textual features. In addition, there are excerpts from the Annotated Catalogue of Chopin's First Editions. Innovative methodologies for complex textual interlinking and web delivery of this material were devised at the Centre for Computing in the Humanities (CCH) using advanced imaging techniques allied with relevant open standards for metadata and interface design.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Chopin's first editions online
- Title from home page (viewed May 13, 2011).
- CFEO was directed by Professor John Rink from the Royal Holloway, University of London.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Related Work
- Annotated catalogue of Chopin's first editions.