Christian higher education : a global reconnaissance
- edited by Joel Carpenter, Perry L. Glanzer, and Nicholas S. Lantinga.
- Grand Rapids, Michigan : William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- x, 336 pages ; 23 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC383 .C495 2014||Unknown|
- Carpenter, Joel A., editor.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 306-317) and index.
- Revolution in higher education in Nigeria : the emergence of private universities / Musa A.G. Gaiya
- Development of Christian higher education in Kenya : an overview / Faith W. Nguru
- Rise and development of Christian higher education in China / Peter Tze Ming Ng
- Korean Christian higher education : history, tasks, and vision / Kuk-Won Shin
- Christian higher education in India : the road we tread / J. Dinakarlal
- Will the parent abandon the child? The birth, secularization, and survival of Christian higher education in Western Europe / Perry L. Glanzer
- Resurrecting universities with soul : Christian higher education in post-communist Europe / Petty L. Glanzer
- Christian higher education in Mexico / José Ramón Alcántara Mejía
- Christian higher education in Brazil and its challenges / Alexandre Brasil Fonseca and Cristiane Candido Santos
- Quest for identity and place : Christian university education in Canada / Harry Fernhout
- A renaissance of Christian higher education in the United States / George Marsden.
- Publisher's Summary
- This book offers a fresh report and interpretation of what is happening at the intersection of two great contemporary movements: the rapid growth of higher education worldwide and the rise of world Christianity. It features on-site, evaluative studies by scholars from Africa, Asia, North America, and South America. Christian Higher Education: A Global Reconnaissance visits some of the hotspots of Christian university development, such as South Korea, Kenya, and Nigeria, and compares what is happening there to places in Canada, the United States, and Europe, where Christian higher education has a longer history. Very little research until now has examined the scope and direction of Christian higher education throughout the world, so this volume fills a real gap.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780802871053 20160613
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9780802871053 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0802871054 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: