International handbook of emotions in education
- New York : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- x, 698 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Educational psychology handbook series.
LB1072 .I67 2014
- Unknown LB1072 .I67 2014
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I. Introduction * Introduction to Emotions in Education Reinhard Pekrun & Lisa Linnenbrink-Garcia Part II. Fundamental Principles * Concepts and Structure of Emotions Vera Shuman & Klaus Scherer * Affect and Cognitive Processes in Educational Contexts Klaus Fiedler & Susanne Beier * The Experience of Emotions During Goal Pursuit Charles S. Carver & Michael F. Scheier * Implicit Motives, Affect, and the Development of Competencies: A Virtuous-Circle Model of Motive-Driven Learning Oliver C. Schultheiss & Martin G. Kollner * An Attributional Approach to Emotional Life in the Classroom Sandra Graham & April Z. Taylor * Control-Value Theory of Achievement Emotions Reinhard Pekrun & Raymond P. Perry * Achievement Goals and Emotions Lisa Linnenbrink-Garcia & Michael Barger * Emotional Intelligence: From Pop to Emerging Science Veleka Allen, Carolyn MacCann, Gerald Matthews, & Richard D. Roberts * Emotion Regulation in Education: Conceptual Foundations, Current Applications, and Future Directions Scott E. Jacobs & James J. Gross Part III. Emotions and Emotion Regulation in Classroom Settings * Interest and Enjoyment Mary Ainley & Suzanne Hidi * Curiosity Amanda Markey & George Loewenstein * Shame and Pride and Their Effects on Student Achievement Geraldine V. Oades-Sese, Tara A. Matthews, & Michael Lewis Anxiety in Education Moshe Zeidner * Confusion Sydney K. D'Mello & Arthur C. Graesser * Academic Boredom Thomas Goetz & Nathan C. Hall * The Role of Emotion in Engagement, Coping, and the Development of Motivational Resilience Ellen Skinner, Jennifer Pitzer, & Heather Brule * Regulating Emotions Related to Testing Paul A. Schutz, Heather A. Davis, Jessica T. DeCuir-Gunby, & David Tillman * Transforming Students' Lives with Social and Emotional Learning Marc A. Brackett & Susan E. Rivers Part IV. Content Domain, Context, and Culture * Perspectives on Emotion in Mathematical Engagement, Learning, and Problem Solving Gerald Goldin * Emotions in Science Education Gale M. Sinatra, Suzanne H. Broughton, & Doug Lombardi * Emotion During Reading and Writing Catherine M. Bohn-Gettler & David N. Rapp * Situating Emotions in Classroom Practices Debra K. Meyer * Emotions in Advanced Learning Technologies Arthur C. Graesser, Sidney K. D'Mello, & Amber C. Strain * Teacher Emotions Anne C. Frenzel * Caregiving Influences on Emotion Regulation: Educational Implications of a Biobehavioral Perspective Susan D. Calkins & Jessica M. Dollar * The Influence of Culture on Emotions: Implications for Education Jessica T. DeCuir-Gunby & Meca R. Williams-Johnson Part V. Measurement of Emotions in Academic Settings * Self-Report Measures of Academic Emotions Reinhard Pekrun & Markus Buhner * Observational Approaches to the Measurement of Emotions Rainer Reisenzein, Martin Junge, Markus Studtmann, & Oswald Huber * Neuroscientific Contributions to Understanding and Measuring Emotions in Educational Contexts Mary Helen Immordino-Yang & Joanna A. Christodolou * Autonomic Nervous System Measurement of Emotion in Education and Achievement Settings Sylvia D. Kreibig & Guido H. E. Gendolla * Measuring Situated Emotion Julianne C. Turner & Meg Trucano.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- For more than a decade, there has been growing interest and research on the pivotal role of emotions in educational settings. This ground-breaking handbook is the first to highlight this emerging field of research and to describe in detail the ways in which emotions affect learning and instruction in the classroom as well as students' and teachers' development and well-being. Informed by research from a number of related fields, the handbook includes four sections. Section I focuses on fundamental principles of emotion, including the interplay among emotion, cognition, and motivation, the regulation of emotion, and emotional intelligence. Section II examines emotions and emotion regulation in classroom settings, addressing specific emotions (enjoyment, interest, curiosity, pride, anxiety, confusion, shame, and boredom) as well as social-emotional learning programs. Section III highlights research on emotions in academic content domains (mathematics, science, and reading/writing), contextual factors (classroom, family, and culture), and teacher emotions. The final section examines the various methodological approaches to studying emotions in educational settings. With work from leading international experts across disciplines, this book synthesizes the latest research on emotions in education.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- edited by Reinhard Pekrun and Lisa Linnenbrink-Garcia.
- Educational psychology handbook series
- 9780415895019 (hardback)
- 0415895014 (hardback)
- 9780415895026 (paperback)
- 0415895022 (paperback)
- 9780203148211 (e-book)