Bamberg : vom Ende der Zeit
- Tokyo ; Bamberg : [Veronika Schäpers], im Frühjahr 2012.
- Physical description
- 14 leaves ; 30 x 42 cm (folded to 30 x 11 cm)
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|N7433.4 .S32 H37 2012 F||In-library use|
- Publication date
- Text: Heiko MIchael Hartmann. Idee, Gestaltung, Druck und Einband: Veronika Schäpers.
- "Offsetdruck und Buchdruck auf first-vintage-Karton. Der Text ist gesetzt in der Melior Medium und Melior Italic. Der Text 'Bamberg. Vom Ende der Zeit' entstand anlässlich eines Stipendienaufenthaltes von Heiko Michael Hartmann in der Villa Concordia im Herbst/Winter 2011/2012. Das Buch erscheint in einer Auflage von 100 arabisch nummerierten Exemplaren."--Colophon.
- Paginated on folded flaps.
- Text printed seven sheets of various colored papers in two columns. Each sheet is folded, scored and preforated so that they can be assembled into house-shaped-objects. Each sheet has one or two holes (15 mm) punched out, with the extracted text adhered to visible surface of the sheet at a slight angle. Secured together by a treasury tag. Housed in "first-vintage-cardboard" case.
- "The text was written by H.M. Hartmann during his scholarship/artist in residency at the villa Concordia in Bamberg. Bamberg is an idyllic and beautiful baroque city; the perfection and utter sweetness of this surrounding, however, is too much for the story's protagonist, also an artist. He is ultimately driven mad and, in what is either an accident or suicide, dies. Although purely fictional, the text is very much related to the city and contains many 'real' places and events."--Booklyn Artists Alliance website, http://booklyn.org/archive/index.php/Detail/Object/Show/object_id/1258
- "These tiny nice houses in the city surrounded by all those churches gave me the idea to work with the house shape, it is cute if it is folded but if you open it, it breaks and looks somehow aggressive. (Maybe too much interpretation...). By making this book I kept in mind to make a simple plain form, reminding you of a file or dossier, because this crazy artist isn't of any interest for anyone, just another record, added to the files."--Veronika Schäpers' website, http://www.veronikaschaepers.net/
- Action note
- Cons. Trans. #4800.
- Special Collections & University Archives copy 1: No. 92, signed by artist and author. With 2 loose sheets, extra copies of leaf 1 and leaf 7.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: