My elusive Cockney family
- Angela Lorenz.
- [Bologna], Italy : Novelties of Purpose, 2012.
- [Bologna], Italy : Stamperia Valdonega Group, 2012
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
-  pages : color illustrations ; 18 cm.
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|(no call number)||In process|
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Text is an accordion-folded structure forming 16 pages, 6 of them blank.
- "The two volumes in this series each introduce six words in cockney rhyming slang, defined within a rhyming couplet, and illustrated in watercolor. Every image is a composite of Victorian ephemera: card games, cut-outs, fashion plates, tourist items and early children's books printed in the mid-19th century. The original sources, all in the author's collection, show the startling range in quality of early color illustrations, from crude hand-coloring with stencils to exquisitely printed chromolithography."-- Colophon
- The other volume in this series is: "More Dicky Birds or Cockney Rhyming Words"
- Related Work
- Sequel: Lorenz, Angela More dicky birds or cockney rhyming words