Enzyme technologies : pluripotent players in discovering therapeutic agents
- edited by Hsiu-Chiung Yang, Wu-Kuang Yeh, James R. McCarthy.
- Hoboken, New Jersey : Wiley, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (366 pages) : illustrations.
- Chemical biology of enzymes for biotechnology and pharmaceutical applications v. 2.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Contributors vii Preface ix Part A -Enzymes essential workhorses inpharmaceutical research 1 1 Assay Technologies for Proteases 3 Anuradha Roy, Gerald H. Lushington, James McGee, and RathnamChaguturu 2 Discovery and Development of Isozyme-Selective InhibitorsInvolved in Lipid Metabolism 55 Taichi Ohshiro and Hiroshi Tomoda 3 Covalent Enzyme Inhibition in Drug Discovery and Development81 Shujaath Mehdi 4 Preclinomics: Enzyme Assays and Rodent Models for Metabolicdiseases 131 Wu-Kuang Yeh and Richard G. Peterson Part B -Enzymes indispensable tools forimproving druggability 163 5 Enzymes and Targeted Activation of Prodrugs 165 Yanhui Yang, Yu Chen, Herve Aloysius, Daigo Inoyama, and LongqinHu 6 Evolution of an Orally Active Prodrug of Gemcitabine 237 James R. McCarthy 7 Enzymatically Activated Phosphate and Phosphonate Prodrugs253 Ivan S. Krylov and Charles E. McKenna Part C E nzymes powerful weapons for correctingNature s errors 301 8 Treatment Options for Mucopolysaccharidosis Type II(Hunter s Syndrome) 303 Michael Beck 9 Enzyme Replacement Therapy for Fabry Disease 321 Ley Nadine Lacbawan, Wei Zheng, and Ozlem Goker-Alpan 10 Methods and Principles of Pancreatic Function Tests 335 Henrike von Schassen, Jutta Keller, and Peter Layer Index 341.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470286265 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Highlighting the critical importance of enzymes in pharmaceutical and biotechnology research, Enzyme Technologies presents thorough discussions on chemical biology of enzymes, redesigning binding and catalytic specificities of enzymes, and applications of enzymes to biotechnology research in the post-genomic era. This timely review presents researchers, students, and faculty with expert reviews of recent progress in comprehending molecular mechanisms of biosynthetic and biocatalytic processes as well as how to utilize that knowledge for practical applications.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470286265 20160612
- Publication date
- Chemical Biology of Enzymes for Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Applications ; Volume II
- Available in another form
- Print version: Enzyme technologies : pluripotent players in discovering therapeutic agents. Hoboken, New Jersey : Wiley, c2014 xi, 344 pages Chemical biology of enzymes for biotechnology and pharmaceutical applications ; Volume II. ( 9780470286265 )
- 9781118739891 (e-book)
- 1118739892 (e-book)