Common core reading lessons : pairing literary and nonfiction texts to promote deeper understanding
- Stacey O'Reilly and Angie Stooksbury.
- New York : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xvii, 143 pages ; 26 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1632 .O74 2014||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 143).
- Introduction: Living and Learning Chapter 1: How the Common Core Promotes Deeper Understanding Chapter 3: Don't Forget the S.O.A.P: Breaking it Down Chapter 4: Implementing Ethos, Pathos, and Logos Chapter 5: Looking at History through Multiple Genres Chapter 6: Writing with Spin to Rewrite History Chapter 7: The Debate: Words that Win Chapter 8: A Reflective Writing Assignment Chapter 9: A Romeo and Juliet Assignment Chapter 10: An Animal Farm Assignment.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415733199 20160613
- Publisher's Summary
- The Common Core is placing a heavier emphasis on nonfiction, but that doesn't mean you have to give up your literature lessons! In this book, English teachers Stacey O'Reilly and Angie Stooksbury describe how you can combine nonfiction with fiction to meet the standards and give students a deeper understanding of what they are reading. This practical book provides a variety of nonfiction reading strategies as well as ready-to-implement lesson plans and text pairing suggestions. You will get...A variety of useful strategies to help students analyze nonfiction Sample units with step-by-step agendas and lesson plans Ready-to-use classroom handouts and rubrics for assessment Suggested text pairings across genres and time periods.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415733199 20160613
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9780415734677 (hardback)
- 0415734673 (hardback)
- 9780415733199 (pbk.)
- 0415733197 (pbk.)
- 9781315819839 (ebk)
- 131581983X (ebk)
Browse related items
Start at call number: