Teacher educators rethink self-assessment in higher education : a guide for the perplexed
- Judith McVarish & Catherine Milne, editors.
- New York : Peter Lang, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiii, 154 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Counterpoints (New York, N.Y.) v. 380.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1060 .T42 2014||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Contents: Judith McVarish: So Why Self-Assessment? - Judith McVarish/Catherine Milne: Moving Beyond Grade-Getting with Self-Assessment - Judith McVarish/Sharon Solloway: Setting the Stage: Introducing a Model for Using Self-Assessment and Self-Evaluation in Teacher Education - Catherine Milne/Judith McVarish: A Model of Action for Self-Assessment and Self-Evaluation: The Nuts and Bolts of Getting Started - Joe Salvatore/Judith McVarish: Vulnerability: A Metalogue - Catherine Milne: The Conundrum of Self-Evaluation as Scientific Argument - Elizabeth Quintero: Ongoing Learning: Self-Assessment and Integrated Curriculum - Jason Blonstein: Letting Go: A Personal Perspective of Using Self-Assessment and Self-Evaluation - Joseph Salvatore: Articulate and Activate: An Approach to Self-Assessment in Theatre - Cheryl Blonstein/Catherine Milne: Adopting and Adapting: Using Self-Evaluation in Teaching Graduate Psychology Students Psychological Assessment - Catherine Milne: Self-Assessment and Assessment for/as Learning.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781433108358 20160613
- Publisher's Summary
- This edited book provides readers with a guide for implementing self-assessment and self-evaluation that is based on a model implemented successfully in a diverse range of teacher education courses. Educators from disciplines as diverse as theater arts, early childhood, psychology, mathematics, and science education have adopted a model of self-assessment and self-evaluation that supports the individual ongoing assessment of learning throughout a course as well as the final synthesis of individual learning in the course. Self-assessment and self-evaluation are presented here as a means to help students and teachers reinvent the learning process as co-constructed, powered by evidence and agency in order to lift thinking beyond the mere attainment of an end-point grade; to help students own their learning in new ways they may not have experienced before; to think about teaching and learning that will carry them beyond their formal schooling years; and to value new questions as evidence of learning.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781433108358 20160613
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Counterpoints : studies in the postmodern theory of education ; vol. 380
- 9781433108341 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 1433108348 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 9781433108358 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1433108356 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781453910955 (e-book)
- 1453910956 (e-book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: