Transport in the atmosphere-vegetation-soil continuum
- Arnold F. Moene, Meteorology and Air Quality Group, Wageningen University, Jos. C. van Dam, Soil Physics and Land Management Group, Wageningen University.
- New York NY : Cambridge University Press, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xii, 436 pages : illustrations, maps ; 26 cm
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QH541.15 .E19 M64 2014||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 409-430) and index.
- 1. The atmosphere-vegetation-soil system-- 2. Available energy: net radiation and soil heat flux-- 3. Turbulent transport in the atmospheric surface layer-- 4. Soil water flow-- 5. Solute transport in soil-- 6. Vegetation: transport processes inside and outside of plants-- 7. Combination methods for turbulent fluxes-- 8. Integrated applications-- 9. Integrated models in hydrology and meteorology.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521195683 20160614
- Publisher's Summary
- Traditionally, soil science, atmospheric science, hydrology, plant science and agriculture have been studied largely as separate subjects. These systems are clearly interlinked, however, and in recent years a great deal of interdisciplinary research has been undertaken to better understand the interactions. This textbook was developed from a course that the authors have been teaching for many years on atmosphere-vegetation-soil interactions at one of the leading international research institutes in environmental science and agriculture. The book describes the atmosphere-vegetation-soil continuum from the perspective of several interrelated disciplines, integrated into one textbook. The text is interspersed with many student exercises and problems, with solutions included. It will be ideal for intermediate to advanced students in meteorology, hydrology, soil science, environmental sciences and biology who are studying the atmosphere-vegetation-soil continuum, as well as researchers and professionals interested in the observation and modelling of atmosphere-vegetation-soil interactions.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521195683 20160614
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Transport in the atmosphere vegetation soil continuum.
- 9780521195683 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 0521195683 (hardback : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: