Vincit veritas [electronic resource] : a portrait of the life and work of Norman Abraham Haskell, 1905-1970
- Ari Ben-Menahem, editor.
- Washington, D.C. : American Geophysical Union, c1990.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xvii, 200 p.) : ill. (some col.).
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Family background / Ari Ben-Menahem
- My father / Peter Haskell
- Norman Haskell as I remember him / Jack Oliver
- Norman Haskell's contributions to restating geophysics at M.I.T. / Ted Madden
- Recollections of a grateful student / Jim Dorman
- Dr. N. Haskell--Vela uniform impact / Bill Best
- Norman A. Haskell: the viscosity of the asthenosphere / Freeman Gilbert
- Atmospheric and lithospheric wave guides / David G Harkrider
- Haskell and the origins of the new source theory / Ari Ben-Menahem
- Haskell's source mechanism papers and their impact on modern seismology / Keiiti Aki
- Haskell's seismic source theory / Leon Knopoff
- The motion of a viscous fluid under a surface load / NA Haskell
- The motion of a viscous fluid under a surface load: part II / NA Haskell
- The viscosity of the asthenosphere / Norman A Haskell
- Significance of gravity anomalies in relation to the viscosity of the asthenosphere / Norman A Haskell
- Asymptotic approximation for the normal modes in sound channel wave propagation / NA Haskell
- The dispersion of surface waves on multilayered media / NA Haskell
- Crustal reflection of plane waves / Norman A Haskell
- Crustal reflection of plane and waves / Norman A Haskell
- Radiation pattern of Rayleigh waves from a fault of arbitrary dip and direction of motion in a homogeneous medium / NA Haskell
- Total energy and energy spectral density of elastic wave radiation from propagating faults / NA Haskell
- Total energy and energy spectral density of elastic wave radiation from propagating faults: part II. a statistical source model / NA Haskell
- Analytic approximation for the elastic radiation from a contained underground explosion / NA Haskell
- Section V letters
- Department of the Air Force.
- Publication date
- Includes a selection of the papers of N.A. Haskell.
- Use copy Restrictions unspecified
- Electronic reproduction. [S.l.] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2011.
- Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002. http://purl.oclc.org/DLF/benchrepro0212
- Action note
- digitized 2011 HathiTrust Digital Library committed to preserve
- 9781118667712 (electronic bk.)
- 1118667719 (electronic bk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: