Simple strategies for teaching children at risk, K-5
- Melissa Stormont, Cathy Newman Thomas.
- Thousand Oaks, California : Corwin, a SAGE company, 
- Physical description
- x, 114 pages : ill. ; 26 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC4801 .S79 2014||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 105-110) and index.
- Dedication Acknowledgements Introduction About the Authors Chapter 1. Who is at Risk? Chapter 2. Strategies for Building Relationships Chapter 3. Using Data-Based Decision Making Chapter 4. Increase Time to Practice with Feedback Chapter 5. Teach and Support Desired Social Behavior Chapter 6. Use Simple Supports for Improving Academic Success Chapter 7. Use Technology Chapter 8. Collaborate with Other Professional and Support Family Involvement.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452268415 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- This book provides teachers with a succinct overview of who is at risk for failure in schools--both academically and socially--and why. It includes practical tools for building relationships with these children, and simple strategies for developing students' academic aptitude and social behavior. Readers will find: * Techniques for getting to know children, building positive teacher-student relationships, and supporting positive relationships among children * Teacher-friendly tools for data collection and data-based decision making * Strategies for supporting desired social behavior *20 simple supports teachers can use with basic materials that can be found in any classroom.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452268415 20160612
- Publication date
- 9781452268415 (pbk.)
- 145226841X (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: