The quest for meaning and wholeness : spiritual and religious connections in the lives of college faculty
- Jennifer A. Lindholm ; foreword by Alexander and Helen Astin.
- First edition.
- San Francisco, CA : Jossey-Bass, a Wiley brand, 
- Physical description
- xxii, 261 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1775 .L49 2014||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 229-247) and indexes.
- About the Author vi Foreword vii Preface xiii Acknowledgments xix 1 Spirituality and Higher Education 1 2 The Meaningfulness of Spirituality and Religion in FacultyMembers Lives 25 3 Spiritual Quest 68 4 Ethic of Caring, Ecumenical Worldview, and CharitableInvolvement 85 5 Religious Faith and Perspectives 123 6 Equanimity 158 7 Higher Education and the Life of the Faculty Spirit 200 Epilogue 215 Appendix: Study Methodology 219 References 229 Subject Index 248 Name Index 256.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781118271476 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- If institutions are to create campus environments that providewelcoming and engaging contexts for personal and professionaldevelopment of students, faculty, administrators, and staff, allmembers of campus communities must be willing to look closely notjust at what they do (or do not do) on a daily basis, but also why.This book offers an analysis of how faculty perceive intersectionsbetween spirituality and higher education, and what implicationstheir spiritual inclinations have, not only for undergraduateeducation, but also for faculty life within academic workplaces. The Quest for Meaning and Wholeness draws on the 2012Faculty Beliefs and Values Survey of just over 8,500 facultyemployed at a range of institutions, and features faculty voices toanswer the So what? question about whyadministration, faculty developers, and researchers should careabout the spiritual and religious lives of faculty.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781118271476 20160612
- Supplemental links
- Cover image
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Spiritual and religious connections in the lives of college faculty
- 9781118271476 (hardback)
- 1118271475 (hardback)
- 9781118419687 (ebk.)
- 9781118421277 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: