Advisory Council on College Chemistry photographs, 1963 Sep.
- Physical description
- .25 linear feet (1 box)
Also available at
At the library
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
Researchers can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Request materials at least 2 business days in advance. Maximum 5 items per day.
|PC0148 ACCN 2013-008 HALF BOX 1||In-library use|
- Corporate Author
- Advisory Council on College Chemistry.
- Finding aid
- Finding aid
- Photographs documenting a conference held at Stanford University in late July and early August, 1963. The conference, on new teaching aids, was the result of a previous conference held at the MIT Science Teaching Center in March 1963 sponsored by the Advisory Council. At that time, it became apparent that very recent technological developments in the audio-visuals industry had made available relatively inexpensive, especially reliable, and uncommonly easy to operate film projectors, portable videotape recorders and other hardware, all of which appeared to offer unusual potential for improving college chemistry instruction. Because most participants at the MIT conference were unfamiliar with the new hardware and its potential, it was suggested that a rather detailed summary of these new developments and of their applications to chemistry instruction be prepared and made available to college chemistry teachers.
- Publication date
- Special Collections and University Archives materials are stored offsite and must be paged 36-48 hours in advance. For more information on paging collections, see the department's website: http://library.stanford.edu/spc.
- The materials are open for research use; materials must be requested at least 48 hours in advance of intended use. Audio-visual materials are not available in original format, and must be reformatted to a digital use copy.
- Cite as
- Advisory Council on College Chemistry photographs (PC0148). Dept. of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, Calif.
- All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94304-6064. Consent is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. Restrictions also apply to digital representations of the original materials. Use of digital files is restricted to research and educational purposes.
- Gift of Ellen Marquardt, 2013.
Browse related items
Start at call number: