ADHD in preschool children : assessment and treatment
- editors, Jaswinder K. Ghuman, Harinder S. Ghuman ; forword by Laurence L. Greenhill.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 
- Physical description
- xix, 228 pages ; 24 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|RJ506 .H9 A3368 2014||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Table of Contents -- Chapter 1 -- ADHD in Preschool Children: Overview and Diagnostic Considerations -- Jaswinder Kaur Ghuman, M.D. and Harinder Singh Ghuman, M.D. -- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of Arizona -- Chapter 2 -- Evaluation Process and Essentials of Clinical Assessment -- Jaswinder Kaur Ghuman, M.D. and Harinder Singh Ghuman, M.D. -- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of Arizona -- Chapter 3 -- Neuropsychological Assessment of ADHD in Preschoolers: Performance-based Measures, Rating Scales, and Structured Interviews -- Mahone, E.M., & Pritchard, A.E. -- Kennedy Krieger Institute and Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD -- Chapter 4 -- Differential Diagnosis and Comorbidity: Primary Health Care Provider Perspective -- Sydney A. Rice and William N. Marshall, Jr. -- Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, The University of Arizona, Tucson -- Chapter 5 -- Psychosocial and Behavioral Interventions with a Focus on Parent Child Interaction Therapy: Theory and Clinical Practice -- Regina Bussing, M.D. and Desiree Murray, Ph.D. -- Chapter 6 -- Parent, Teacher and Child Interventions: Tailoring the Incredible Years for Young Children with ADHD -- Carolyn Webster-Stratton, Ph. D. and M. Jamila Reid, Ph.D. -- University of Washington School of Nursing, Seattle, WA -- Chapter 7 -- Psychopharmacological Interventions in Preschool Children with ADHD: General Considerations and Evidence -- Jaswinder Kaur Ghuman, M.D. and Harinder Singh Ghuman, M.D. -- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of Arizona -- Chapter 8 -- Psychopharmacological Interventions in Clinical Practice -- Jaswinder Kaur Ghuman, M.D. and Harinder Singh Ghuman, M.D. -- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of Arizona -- Chapter 9 -- Complementary and Alternative Treatments for Preschool Children with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder -- Nicholas Lofthouse, Ph.D., Elizabeth Hurt, Ph.D. -- The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio -- Chapter 10 -- Sleep Problems and Interventions in Preschoolers with ADHD -- Mark Stein, Ph.D., Seattle Children's Hospital, University of Washington -- Margaret Weiss, M.D., Ph.D, University of British Columbia West Vancouver, British Columbia.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is one of the most frequently diagnosed psychiatric disorders in children and adolescents. Clinically referred preschool children with ADHD are significantly impaired, are at-risk for poor school outcome, and are frequent users of the healthcare system. Behavior problems in preschool children with ADHD persist to school-age years resulting in considerable stress for the entire family and staggering socio-economic burden to schools and society at large. This book provides the most comprehensive and up-to-date information regarding assessment-including diagnostic interview, neuropsychological testing, comorbidity and differential diagnosis, sleep problems-and treatment interventions including psychosocial, pharmacological and complementary and alternative treatments. All the chapters have a clinical focus and practical case examples are used to increase competency in clinical settings. ADHD in Preschool Children serves as a guide for experienced practitioners of child and adolescent mental health care as well as trainees in child and adolescent psychiatry, psychology, social work, pediatrics, family medicine and nursing. The chapter authors are national leaders with significant experience in assessing and treating preschool children with ADHD and behavioral disorders.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780199948925 (pbk. : alk paper)
- 0199948925 (pbk. : alk paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: