Academic assessment and intervention
- edited by Steven G. Little and Angeleque Akin-Little.
- New York : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- viii, 352 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1061 .A23 2014||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I: Foundations of Academic Assessment and Intervention 1. Methods of Academic Assessment Steven G. Little and Angeleque Akin-Little 2. A General Case Framework for Academic Intervention George H. Noell and Kristen A. Gansle 3. Linking Assessment and Intervention Steven G. Little and Angeleque Akin-Little Part II: Norm Referenced Assessment 4. Academic Assessment Batteries Dawn P. Flanagan, Vincent C. Alfonso, and Shauna G. Dixon 5. Individual Assessment of Specific Academic Areas Cynthia A. Riccio, Andrea Dennison, and Lisa Bowman-Perrott 6. Group Tests of Academic Achievement Steven G. Little and Angeleque Akin-Little 7. Norm-Referenced Assessment and Bilingual Populations Amanda B. Clinton and Pedro Olvera Part III: Curicculum Based Assessment 8. The Basics of Curriculum Based Assessment Theodore J. Christ, Milena A. Keller-Margulis, and Amanda M. Marcotte 9. The Use of Technology with Curriculum-Based Measurement Madi Phillips, Mark R. Shinn, and Ben Ditkowsky 10. Responsive Assessment and Instruction Practices Rachel Brown, Mark W. Steege, and Rebekah Bickford 11. Use of CBA/CBM with Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Populations Mike Vanderwood, Catherine Tung, and Rebecca Hickey Part IV: Specific Academic Interventions and Issues 12. Evidence-Based Reading Decoding Instruction Clayton R. Cook, Elizabeth Holland, and Tal Slemrod 13. Interventions for Developing Reading Comprehension Christine E. Neddenriep 14. Linking Classroom Assessment to Written Language Interventions Linda H. Mason and Anne Mong Cramer 15. Mathematics Interventions Robin S. Codding and Ryan Martin 16. Occasioning Behaviors that Cause Learning Kathryn E. Jaspers, Christopher H. Skinner, Erin E.C. Henze, Sara J. McCane-Bowling, and Emily F. Rowlette 17. Increasing Instructional Efficacy: A Focus on Teacher Variables Kathleen Lynne Lane, Wendy Peia Oakes, Holly Mariah Menzies, and Kathryn Germer 18. Standards-Based Assessment Tom Nicholson.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415539210 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Serving students with academic deficiencies necessitates communication and collaboration among professionals from several disciplines. Academic Assessment and Intervention brings together divergent approaches in order to demonstrate that scientific evidence, rather than biases or previous practice, must determine assessment practices that are selected and used for particular purposes. Similar to a handbook in its comprehensive topical coverage, this edited collection provides a contextual foundation for academic assessment and intervention; describes both norm-referenced and curriculum-based assessment/measurement in detail; considers the implications of both of these assessments on ethnically diverse populations; provides a clear link between assessment, evidence-based interventions and the RTI model; and considers other important topics related to this area such as teacher behavior. Intended primarily for graduate-level courses in education, school psychology, or child clinical psychology, it will also be of interest to practicing professionals in these fields.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415539210 20160612
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9780415539197 (hardback)
- 0415539196 (hardback)
- 9780415539210 (paperback)
- 0415539218 (paperback)
- 9780203108451 (ebook)
- 0203108450 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: