Planning and organizing standards-based differentiated instruction
- Carolyn Chapman, Rita King.
- Second edition.
- Thousand Oaks, California : CROWIN, A SAGE Company, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- x, 281 pages : illustrations ; 29 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1031 .C465 2014||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 271-272) and index.
- Acknowledgments About the Authors 1. Introduction 2. Differentiated Learning Environment 3. Differentiated Formative Assessment 4. Differentiated Instructional Strategies 5. Flexible Grouping Strategies 6. Planning With Differentiated Models 7. Planning for Standards with Differentiated Instruction References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452299594 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Chapman & King's innovative models for teaching in the differentiated classroom stress positive classroom climate, understanding student thinking styles, meeting diverse student needs, and empowering students both inside and outside the classroom. Applying those models to classroom management is the focus of this new book. Among the topics covered in their trademark lively style are creating safe and accepting classroom environments that promote confidence for diverse learners; motivating students through affective factors, including rapport, challenge, excitement, humor, respect, choice, and self-efficacy; observing and assessing student needs and preferences. Ready-to-use tools, agendas, check-lists, organizers, and other graphics provide added support to put theory in to practice.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781452299594 20160612
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Related Work
- Chapman, Carolyn, 1945- Differentiated instructional management : work smarter, not harder.
- 9781452299594 (pbk.)
- 1452299595 (pbk.)
- 9781452299556 (web pdf)
Browse related items
Start at call number: