Words matter : teacher language and student learning
- Susan Mandel Glazer.
- Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield Education, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xvii, 183 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1033 .G53 2014||Unknown|
- Glazer, Susan Mandel.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 171-176) and index.
- Contents Acknowledgments Foreword Preface Introduction Chapter 1: Your Effect on the Classroom Environment Chapter 2: Understanding Differences Before Judging Learners Chapter 3: The Effect of Your Beliefs on Student Learning: Classroom Management Chapter 4: Sharing Control with Children: On the Way to a Student-Centered Classroom Chapter 5. Strategies That Allow Children to Take Charge Chapter 6: When There Are No Solutions Appendixes References Index About the Author.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781442223417 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- Words Matter: Teacher Language and Student Learning enables teachers to observe their actions and ask, "Do I know how children perceive my behaviors?" It also helps them to understand reasons for children's responses to their words and actions. Teachers' behaviors are categorized in vignettes, and readers determine where they fit and what changes ought to be made for their teaching practices to be more effective.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781442223417 20160612
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781442223417 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1442223413 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781442223424 (electronic)
- 1442223421 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: