The power of scriptwriting! : teaching essential writing skills through podcasts, graphic novels, movies, and more
- Peter Gutiérrez.
- New York : Teachers College Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- viii, 167 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB1576 .G88 2014
- Unknown LB1576 .G88 2014
- Gutierrez, Peter.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 161-162) and index.
- Introduction: invisible texts made visible
- Connecting stage to screen
- Spoken word and audio scripts
- Comics and graphic novel scripts
- Movie and television scripts
- Digital storytelling and video scripts
- Further adventures in scriptwriting.
- Publisher's Summary
- This dynamic resource offers teachers a new way to energize the teaching of writing while also meeting Common Core State Standards. The author draws on his unique background in education and media to provide this all-in-one resource to help teachers use the versatility of scriptwriting to motivate students and support literacy skills across the disciplines. Each chapter covers a different medium, outlining the writing skills required, and providing practical tips, sample projects, standards alignment, and strategies for differentiated instruction. Book Features: The rationale, curricular connections, lessons, and projects to help teachers incorporate scriptwriting into their existing writing curriculum. Suggestions for using assignments in the disciplines to process content and exhibit understanding. Authentic connections to students' in-school and out-of-school literacies. Easy-to-use sections, such as Why Teach This?, Skills Focus, Literacy Across the Disciplines, and The Writing Process. Robust differentiated instruction, including specific strategies for English language learners and below-level students.< /li> QuickStart lesson launchers to help both teachers and students become comfortable--and have fun--with scriptwriting immediately. Appendices with Additional Resources, Revision Checklists, Writing Rubrics, and a glossary of Media and Script Terms..
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- "Teachers college, columbia University."
- 9780807754665 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0807754668 (pbk. : alk. paper)