The power of scriptwriting! : teaching essential writing skills through podcasts, graphic novels, movies, and more
- Peter Gutiérrez.
- New York : Teachers College Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- viii, 167 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Gutierrez, Peter.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 161-162) and index.
- Introduction: invisible texts made visible
- Connecting stage to screen
- Spoken word and audio scripts
- Comics and graphic novel scripts
- Movie and television scripts
- Digital storytelling and video scripts
- Further adventures in scriptwriting.
This dynamic resource offers teachers a new way to energize the teaching of writing while also meeting Common Core State Standards. The author draws on his unique background in education and media to provide this all-in-one resource to help teachers use the versatility of scriptwriting to motivate students and support literacy skills across the disciplines. Each chapter covers a different medium, outlining the writing skills required, and providing practical tips, sample projects, standards alignment, and strategies for differentiated instruction. Book Features: The rationale, curricular connections, lessons, and projects to help teachers incorporate scriptwriting into their existing writing curriculum.</li> Suggestions for using assignments in the disciplines to process content and exhibit understanding.</li> Authentic connections to students' in-school and out-of-school literacies.</li> Easy-to-use sections, such as Why Teach This?, Skills Focus, Literacy Across the Disciplines, and The Writing Process.</li> Robust differentiated instruction, including specific strategies for English language learners and below-level students.< /li> QuickStart lesson launchers to help both teachers and students become comfortable--and have fun--with scriptwriting immediately.</li> Appendices with Additional Resources, Revision Checklists, Writing Rubrics, and a glossary of Media and Script Terms.</li>.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- "Teachers college, columbia University."
- 9780807754665 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0807754668 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: