Functional analysis of DNA and chromatin
- edited by Juan C. Stockert, Jesús Espada, Alfonso Blázquez-Castro.
- New York : Humana Press : Springer, c2014.
- Physical description
- xv, 365 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
- Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.) ; v. 1094.
- Springer protocols (Series)
Biology Library (Falconer)
|QH506 .M45 V.1094||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Predictive binding geometry of ligands to DNA minor groove : isohelicity and hydrogen-bonding pattern / Juan C. Stockert
- Using microchip gel electrophoresis to probe DNA-drug binding interactions / Nan Shi and Victor M. Ugaz
- Identifying different types of chromatin using Giemsa staining / Juan C. Stockert, Alfonso Blázquez-Castro, and Richard W. Horobin
- Analysis of DNA damage and repair by comet fluorescence in situ hybridization (comet-FISH) / Michael Glei and Wiebke Schlörmann
- Alkaline nuclear dispersion assays for the determination of DNA damage at the single cell level / Piero Sestili and Carmela Fimognari
- Polarization microscopy of extended chromatin fibers / Maria Luiza S. Mello and Benedicto de Campos Vidal
- DNA labeling in vivo : quantification of epidermal stem cell chromatin content in whole mouse hair follicles using Fiji image processing software / Elisa Carrasco, María I. Calvo, and Jesús Espada
- Historical overview of bromo-substituted DNA and sister chromatid differentiation / Roberto Mezzanotte and Mariella Nieddu
- Image analysis of chromatin remodelling / Benedicto de Campos Vidal, Marina B. Felisbino, and Maria Luiza S. Mello
- FISH methods in cytogenetic studies / Miguel Pita ... [et al.]
- Ultrastructural and immunofluorescent methods for the study of the XY body as a biomarker / Roberta B. Sciurano and Alberto J. Solari
- Atomic force microscopy for analyzing metaphase chromosomes : comparison of AFM images with fluorescence labeling images of banding patterns / Osamu Hoshi and Tatsuo Ushiki
- Selective detection of phagocytic phase of apoptosis in fixed tissue sections / Vladimir V. Didenko
- Selective transport of cationized fluorescent topoisomerase into nuclei of live cells for DNA damage studies / Candace L. Minchew and Vladimir V. Didenko
- Visualization and interpretation of eukaryotic DNA replication intermediates in vivo by electron microscopy / Kai J. Neelsen ... [et al.]
- Combined bidimensional electrophoresis and electron microscopy to study specific plasmid DNA replication intermediates in human cells / Cindy Follonier and Massimo Lopes
- Standard DNA methylation analysis in mouse epidermis : bisulfite sequencing, methylation-specific PCR, and 5-methyl-cytosine (5mC) immunological detection / Jesús Espada, Elisa Carrasco, and María I. Calvo
- Methyl-combing : single-molecule analysis of DNA methylation on stretched DNA fibers / Attila Németh
- Investigating 5-hydroxymethylcytosine (5hmC) : the state of the art / Colm E. Nestor ... [et al.]
- Hydroxymethylated DNA immunoprecipitation (hmeDIP) / Colm E. Nestor and Richard R. Meehan
- Microscale thermophoresis for the assessment of nuclear protein-binding affinities / Wei Zhang ... [et al.]
- Analysis of histone posttranslational modifications from nucleolus-associated chromatin by mass spectrometry / Stefan Dillinger ... [et al.]
- Salt-urea, sulfopropyl-sepharose, and covalent chromatography methods for histone isolation and fractionation / Pedro Rodriguez-Collazo ...[et al.]
- Chromatin immunoprecipitation / Javier Rodríguez-Ubreva and Esteban Ballestar
- Analysis of chromatin composition of repetitive sequences : the ChIP-Chop assay / Raffaella Santoro
- Purification of specific chromatin domains from single- copy gene loci in Saccharomyces cerevisiae / Stephan Hamperl ... [et al.]
- Deep sequencing of small chromatin-associated RNA : isolation and library preparation / Sarah Daniela Diermeier, Thomas Schubert, and Gernot Längst
- Deep sequencing of small chromatin-associated RNA : bioinformatic analysis / Sarah Daniela Diermeier and Gernot Längst.
- Publisher's Summary
- In Functional Analysis of DNA and Chromatin, expert researchers in the field provide an overview of standard and more recent methods for the functional analysis of the genetic material. These include methods on DNA-dye binding modes, chromatin staining, nuclear dispersion assays, DNA labeling in vivo, sister chromatid exchanges, FISH, DNA and chromatin imaging by fluorescence, electron and atomic force microscopy, detection of apoptotic DNA, cytosine methylation and hydroxy-methylation, DNA thermophoresis, improved methods for histone analysis, chromatin immunoprecipitation, and analysis of rDNA genes and chromatin-associated RNA. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and practical, Functional Analysis of DNA and Chromatin seeks to aid scientists in the further study of cellular and molecular biology of the nucleus.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781627037051 20160612
- Publication date
- Methods in Molecular Biology ; 1094
- Springer protocols
- 9781627037051 (alk. paper)
- 1627037055 (alk. paper)
- 9781627037068 (eBook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: