Confocal microscopy : methods and protocols
- edited by Stephen W. Paddock.
- Second Edition.
- New York : Humana Press, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xi, 381 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 26 cm.
- Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.) ; v. 1075.
- Springer protocols (Series)
Biology Library (Falconer)
|QH506 .M45 V.1075||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reflecting on confocal microscopy : a personal perspective / John White
- Laser scanning confocal microscopy : history, applications, and related optical sectioning techniques / Stephen W. Paddock and Kevin W. Eliceiri
- Confocal microscopy on the internet / Kristin L. Hazelwood ... [et al.]
- Using photoshop with images created by a confocal system / Jerry Sedgewick
- Clearing up the signal : spectral imaging and linear unmixing in fluorescence microscopy / Timo Zimmermann ... [et al.]
- Low magnification confocal microscopy of tumor angiogenesis / George McNamara ... [et al.]
- Confocal imaging of butterfly tissue / Craig R. Brunetti
- Confocal microscopy of cardiac myocytes / Robert L. Price ... [et al.]
- Confocal imaging of fluorescently labeled proteins in the Drosophila larval neuromuscular junction / Ian P. Coyle
- Confocal imaging and three-dimensional visualization of thick autofluorescent specimens / Angela V. Klaus, Valerie Schawaroch, and Kevin J. Frischmann
- Vital imaging of multicellular spheroids / Paulo J. Oliveira, Edward L. Perkins, and Jon Holy
- Live confocal analysis of mutant- and drug-treated Drosophila embryos / Barbara Fasulo and William Sullivan
- Confocal imaging of the microtubule cytoskeleton in C. elegans embryos and germ cells / Kevin F. O'Connell and Andy Golden
- Measurement in the confocal microscope / Guy Cox
- Method for quantifying blood flow distribution among the alveoli of the lung / Robert L. Conhaim, Dennis M. Heisey, and Glen E. Leverson
- Imaging tools for analysis of the ureteric tree in the developing mouse kidney / Luise A. Cullen-McEwen ... [et al.]
- Evaluating confocal microscopy system performance / Robert M. Zucker
- Publisher's Summary
- Confocal Microscopy: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition takes the researcher from the bench top through the imaging process, to the page. Protocols for the preparation of tissues from many model organisms including worms, flies and mice have been included as well as chapters on confocal imaging of living cells, three dimensional analysis, and the measurement and presentation of confocal images for publication. Emphasis has been placed on the laser scanning confocal microscope since this is still the instrument used for most routine applications. The current generation of modern confocal instruments produces optical sections of cells and tissues that are free of out-of-focus fluorescence with reduced chances of artifacts from the techniques of specimen preparation. This allows the imaging of living specimens and measurements of physiological events within cells. Confocal microscopy has become essential in many fields of contemporary biomedical research where a light microscope is required for imaging fluorescently labeled cells and tissues, especially cell biology, developmental biology, neurobiology, and pathology. Written in the successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and easily accessible, Confocal Microscopy: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition is aimed primarily, but not exclusively, at the novice user with pointers to more advanced techniques.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781588293510 20160612
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 1075
- Springer protocols, 1949-2448
- 9781607618478 (eBook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: