Global voices and global visions : education for excellence, understanding, peace and sustainability
- Betsy Gunzelmann.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Education, a division of Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xiv, 190 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
LC1090 .G84 2014
- Unknown LC1090 .G84 2014
- Gunzelmann, Betsy, 1952- author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 181-190).
- Part I: The Era of Internationally Engaged Education: The Time is Now Chapter One: Building Bridges to an Internationally Engaged Education for Excellence, Understanding, Sustainability Chapter Two: The Research and Interviewing of Worldwide Learners Chapter Three: The Statistics Piece: The Pros, he Cons, and Essential Data Part II: Global Voices from Distinguished Researchers, Theorists and Leaders Chapter Four: Voices from Researchers and Reformers Chapter Five: The Major Constituents - Critical Pieces of the Global Educational Excellence Puzzle: Understanding Cultural, Psychological, Economic, Political and Educational Issues Part III: Global Voices: Lessons Learned Chapter Seven: Global Voices on Government Matters Chapter Eight: Global Voices on Economic Matters Chapter Nine: Global Voices on Students Matters Chapter Ten: Global Voices on Teachers Matters Chapter Eleven: Global Voices on the Nuts & Bolts of Educational Matters Chapter Twelve: Global Voices on the Essence of the Schools Part IV: Global Visions: A Collective Understanding to Putting Together the Pieces of the Puzzle Chapter Thirteen: On Educational Needs World-Wide Chapter Fourteen: Bridge to Excellence and Understanding (research, creativity, acceptance, respect, cooperation, etc. ) Chapter Fifteen: Bridge to Peace and Sustainability (Civic Engagement etc.) Chapter Sixteen: Hope for a Better World: Global Healing References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- We are in a state of tremendous global unrest with wars, acts of terrorism, genocide, epidemics and untold natural disasters. In some cases students are at risk as a result of safety concerns within their schools, from extremist views that discriminate against obtaining education, from societal issues that increase anxiety and depression, and even in specific cases from corruption in government that prevent students from having access to schooling. It is through globally engaged education that we can learn of one another, attain academic excellence, improve international relationships, triumph over atrocities, and discover new potentials. A synergistic globally engaged education will allow for the working together collaboratively, cooperatively and innovatively, while still respecting diversity and humane ideologies. Through cutting edge interdisciplinary research from psychology, neuroscience, education, leaps in the technological areas, and listening closely to the global voices we can indeed ascertain understanding, peace and sustainability.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781610488273 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 161048827X (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781610488280 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610488288 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610488297 (electronic)