Teaching reading in the middle school : common core and more
- Anna J. Small Roseboro.
- Lanham : Rowman & Littlefield Education, a division of Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xv, 224 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1631 .R633 2014||Unknown|
- Roseboro, Anna J. Small, 1945- author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 207-211) and index.
- Dedication Foreword Introduction Chapter One - Scoping Out the Year in Preview - Plan Now To Be Effective and Efficient Chapter Two - Unpacking the Story and Understanding the Genre Chapter Three -Crossing into Novel Territory - Reading Longer Texts Chapter Four - Teaching Classical Fiction: Where the Ghosts of the Past Speak Today Chapter Five - Opening the Past Imaginatively: Teaching Historical Fiction Chapter Six - Taking T.I.M.E. to Teach Poetry Chapter Seven - Playing It Right: Reading, Writing About and Performing Drama Afterward-Bon Voyage - Acknowledge the Challenge and Maximize the Opportunity Appendix - Teacher Resources Bibliography.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- More than 670,000 middle school teachers (grades 6-8) are responsible for educating nearly 13 million students in public and private schools. Thousands more teachers join these ranks annually, especially in the South and West, where ethnic populations are ballooning. Teachers and administrators seek practical, time-efficient ways of teaching language arts to 21st-century adolescents in increasingly multicultural, technologically diverse, socially networked communities. They seek sound understanding, practical advice, and proven strategies in order to connect diverse literature to 21st-century societies while meeting state and professional standards like the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts. This book offers strategies and resources that work.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781475805338 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1475805330 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781475805345 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1475805349 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781475805352 (ebook)
- 1475805357 (electronic bk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: