South China Sea : energy and security conflicts
- Christopher L. Daniels.
- Lanham, Maryland : The Scarecrow Press, Inc., 2014.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- v, 153 pages : maps ; 24 cm.
- Global flashpoints.
- Daniels, Christopher L., 1982- author.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 143-150) and index.
- Background and history of the South China Sea dispute
- The South China Sea and the global oil & natural gas industry
- Economic significance of nations of the South China Sea
- China's increased naval power and aspirations for regional dominance
- U.S. involvement and interest in the South China Sea
- Conclusion and policy recommendations
- Appendix A: Timeline of key events in South China Sea dispute
- Appendix B: Key people and institutions in the South China Sea region
- Appendix C: Key international treaties involving nations in the South China Sea region
- Appendix D: List of acronyms
- Appendix E. South China Sea maps.
- Publisher's Summary
- South China Sea: Energy and Security Conflicts takes on such troubling questions as the impact of this conflict on global oil and gas prices; China's growth both economically and as a regional military hegemon; and the recent, often rocky, international efforts to mediate the conflict. In addition to policy recommendations for peaceful resolutions to this emerging international challenge, the book includes maps, graphs, primary sources, and overviews of key players-individual and institutional-in what may well be the next great conflict in East Asia.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780810886452 20180530
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Global flashpoints
- 9780810886452 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0810886456 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780810886469 (ebook)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: