Enacted mathematics curriculum : a conceptual framework and research needs
- edited by Denisse R. Thompson, University of South Florida and Zalman Usiskin, University of Chicago.
- Charlotte, North Carolina : Information Age Publishing, Inc., 
- Physical description
- xiv, 194 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|QA13 .E465 2014||Unknown|
- Thompson, Denisse R. (Denisse Rubilee), 1954- editor of compilation.
- Usiskin, Zalman, editor of compilation.
- Conference on Research on the Enacted Mathematics Curriculum (2010 : University of South Florida)
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume is an outgrowth of the Conference on Research on the Enacted Mathematics Curriculum, funded by the National Science Foundation and held in Tampa, Florida in November 2010. The volume has the potential to be useful to a range of researchers, from established veterans in curriculum research to new researchers in this area of mathematics education. The chapters can be used to generate conversation about researching the enacted mathematics curriculum, including similarities and differences in the variables that can and should be studied across various curricula. As such, it might be used by a curriculum project team as it outlines a research agenda for curriculum or program evaluation. It might also be used as a text in a university graduate course on curriculum research and design. The chapters in this volume are a natural complement to those in Approaches to Studying the Enacted Mathematics Curriculum (Heck, Chval, Weiss, & Ziebarth, 2012), also published by Information Age Publishing. While the present volume focuses on a range of issues related to researching the enacted mathematics curriculum, including theoretical and conceptual issues, the volume by Heck et al. provides insights into different instrumentations used by groups of researchers to study curriculum enactment.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781623965839 20160612
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- This volume is an outgrowth of the Conference on Research on the Enacted Mathematics Curriculum, held at the University of South Florida, November 4-6, 2010.
- 9781623965846 (hardcover)
- 1623965845 (hardcover)
- 9781623965839 (pbk.)
- 1623965837 (pbk.)
- 9781623965853 (ebook)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: