The new inclusion : differentiated strategies to engage all students
- Kathy Perez ; foreword by Lim Chye Tin.
- New York : Teachers College, Columbia University, .
- Physical description
- xv, 160 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1027.4 .P47 2014||Unknown|
- Perez, Katherine D.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 151-154) and index.
- 1. Creating a Positive Environment for All Students to Learn! 2. Understanding the Struggling Student 3. Tactile Strategies: Hands-On Learning 4. Auditory Strategies: Tuning Into Literacy 5. Visual Strategies: The Eyes Have It for Reading 6. Graphic Organizers: Making Thinking Visible 7. Kinesthetic Strategies: Moving on to Meaning 8. Common Core Standards: Navigating Text Complexity 9. Curriculum Modification: Adapting Familiar Lessons 10. Creating Literacy Environments to Help All Students Learn.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- How can today's educators rise to the challenges of teaching in the inclusive classroom, while at the same time making teaching more rewarding and beneficial for all students? In her new book, acclaimed international educational consultant Kathy Perez provides powerful instructional strategies, not only for students with special needs, but also for their general education peers. Her New Inclusion encompasses a broader understanding of the inclusive classroom, embracing all the different needs that teachers face--from special education, to ELL, to a wide spectrum of student ability and readiness. This innovative resource combines the latest research in brain-based teaching and student engagement with useful interventions and differentiated strategies. Designed to be of practical and immediate use, all chapters include a focus on the needs of less-able readers. In addition, information for implementation and adaptation is provided to accommodate various grade levels. The text includes classroom vignettes, ties to the Common Core, illustrations, diagrams, highlight boxes, and many more user-friendly features.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780807754825 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: