Seeds : the ecology of regeneration in plant communities
- edited by Robert S. Gallagher.
- 3rd ed.
- Boston, MA : CABI, c2014.
- Physical description
- ix, 307 p. : ill. ; 25 cm
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QK661 .S428 2014||Unknown|
- Gallagher, Robert S.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Contributors Preface Overview of Seed Development, Anatomy and Morphology 1. Fruits and Frugivory 2. The Ecology of Seed Dispersal 3. Seed Predators and Plant Population Dynamics 4. Light-Mediated Germination 5. The Chemical Environment in the Soil Seed Bank 6. Seed Dormancy 7. The Chemical Ecology of Seed Persistence in Soil Seed Banks 8. Effects of Climate Change on Regeneration by Seeds 9. Functional Role of the Soil Seed Bank in Agricultural Ecosystems 10. Functional Role of the Soil Bank in Natural Communities Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781780641836 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- The 3rd edition of Seeds: The Ecology of Regeneration in Plant Communities highlights the many advances in the field of seed ecology and its relationship to plant community dynamics that have taken place in recent years. The new edition also features chapters on seed development and morphology, seed chemical ecology, implications of climate change on regeneration by seed, and the functional role of seed banks in agricultural and natural ecosystems. The book is aimed at advanced level students and researchers in the fields of seed science, seed ecology and plant ecology.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781780641836 20160612
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Ecology of regeneration in plant communities
- 9781780641836 (hbk.)
- 1780641834 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: