Chemistry : the key to our sustainable future
- International Conference on Pure and Applied Chemistry (2nd : 2012 : Mauritius)
- Dordrecht : Springer, 2014.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xiv, 353 pages) : illustrations (some color)
- Gupta-Bhowon, Minu. editor.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Elastomeric Actuators Based on Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate and Carbon Nanotubes / Klaudia Czaniková, Mária Omastová, Igor Krupa, Peter Kasák, Ewa Pavlová and Dus̆an Chorvát Jr.
- Identification of Volatile Compounds from Flowers and Aromatic Plants: How and Why? / A. Bialecki and Jacqueline Smadja
- An Investigation into the Use of Concept Cartoons in the Teaching of "Metals and the Reactivity Series" at the Secondary Level / Hiteyeshi Lallbeeharry and Fawzia B. Narod
- Electron Correlation Energy in the Ground State of the Helium Sequence / Khalil H. A. AL-Bayati and Nada I. I. AL-Zubaidi
- Hydrocarbon Generating Potentials of Benue Trough Coals / Aliyu Jauro, Brian Horsfield, Heinz Wilkes and Muhammad B. Abubakar
- Risk Assessment and Toxic Effects of Exposure to Nanoparticles Associated with Natural and Anthropogenic Sources / Atar S. Pipal, Ajay Taneja and Gautam Jaiswar
- Immunomodulatory Activity of Phenolic Fraction from Piper Borbonense and Cassytha Filiformis Growing in Comoros Islands / Said H. Soidrou, Dalila Bousta, Mohammed Lachkar, Said O. S. Hassane [and 5 others]
- Need for Smoking Cessation Support for Better Health of Employees / Marie Chan Sun, Jevisha Erriah and Deerajen Ramasawmy
- Percolation Studies of Single- and Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes/Poly(methyl methacrylate) Nanocomposites / Riyadh M. Mungur and Soonil D. D. V. Rughooputh
- Chemistry Aid: How Innovative Solutions to Chemistry Education Are Making a Difference / Jared C. Ogunde, Aggrey Omolo and Antony J. Rest
- Synthesis and Characterization of Some New Metal Complexes of Condensation Reaction Products of 3-Amino-1,2,4-Triazole with Isatin, N-Acetylisatin and Bis (2,3-Dioxoindolin-1-yl)Mercury(II) / Ahlam J. Abdulghani and Zainab Z. Ahmed
- Propericiazine as a Reagent for the Spectrophotometric Determination of Osmium / Thimme A. Gowda
- An Assessment of Physico-Chemical Parameters of Ganga Water Using Multivariate Analysis / Sukarma Thareja
- Toxicity Studies of Trachyspermum ammi (L.) Sprague ex Turrill and Its Smooth Muscles Effects / Noor Jahan, Mansoor Ahmad and Mehjabeen
- Metal Levels in Traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic Medicines / Henri Li Kam Wah, Kanisha Ramchurn and Safeenaz B. Alladin
- A Comparative Study on Preserving Milk Using Grass Species Hyperenium Rufa for Fumigating Milk Containers and Pasteurisation / Milton A. Wesuta and William K. Isharaza.
- Chemistry: The Key to our Sustainable Future is a collection of selected contributed papers by participants of the International Conference on Pure and Applied Chemistry (ICPAC 2012) on the theme of "Chemistry: The Key for our Future" held in Mauritius in July 2012. In light of the significant contribution of chemistry to benefit of mankind, this book is a collection of recent results generated from research in chemistry and interdisciplinary areas. It covers topics ranging from nanotechnology, natural product chemistry to analytical and environmental chemistry. Chemistry: The Key to our Sustainable Future is written for graduates, postgraduates, researchers in industry and academia who have an interest in the fields ranging from fundamental to applied chemistry.
- Publication date
- Minu Gupta Bhowon, Sabina Jhaumeer-Laulloo, Henri Li Kam Wah, Ponnadurai Ramasami, editors.
- 9789400773899 (electronic bk.)
- 9400773897 (electronic bk.)