Plant signaling [electronic resource] : understanding the molecular crosstalk
- Khalid Rehman Hakeem, Reiaz UI Rehman, Inayatullah Tahir, editors.
- New Delhi : Springer, 2014.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (355 pages)
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Plant Signaling: Response to Reactive Oxygen Species / Bisma Malik, Tanveer Bilal Pirzadah, Inayatullah Tahir, Reiaz Ul Rehman [and 2 others]
- SNARE Proteins as Signaling Elements / Reiaz Ul Rehman and Gian-Pietro Di Sansebastiano
- Plant Rab GTPases in Membrane Trafficking and Signalling / Reiaz Ul Rehman and Gian-Pietro Di Sansebastiano
- PtdIns4P and PtdIns(4,5)P 2 as Signalling Phosphoinositides Involved in Tip Growth / Laura Saavedra
- Sugar Signaling in Plant Growth and Development / Waseem Shahri, Syed Sabhi Ahmad and Inayatullah Tahir
- Nitrogen Regulation and Signalling in Plants / Khalid Rehman Hakeem, Muhammad Sabir, Faheema Khan and Reiaz Ul Rehman
- Phosphorus Deficiency in Plants: Responses, Adaptive Mechanisms, and Signaling / Tariq Aziz, Muhammad Sabir, Muhammad Farooq, M. Aamer Maqsood, Hamaad Raza Ahmad and Ejaz Ahmad Warraich
- Reactive Oxygen Species-Associated Mechanism of Acclamatory Stress Tolerance, Signaling and Redox-Regulated Gene Expression in Plants / Soumen Bhattacharjee
- Cyclic Nucleotide-Gated Channels: Essential Signaling Components in Plants for Fertilization and Immunity Responses / Reiaz Ul Rehman
- Signaling in Response to Cold Stress / Tanveer Bilal Pirzadah, Bisma Malik, Reiaz Ul Rehman, Khalid Rehman Hakeem and M. Irfan Qureshi
- Cell Signaling During Drought and Salt Stress / Faheema Khan and Khalid Rehman Hakeem
- Heat Signaling and Stress Responses in Photosynthesis / Marian Brestic, Marek Zivcak, Katarina Olsovska, Hazem Mohamed Kalaji, Hongbo Shao and Khalid Rehman Hakeem
- Senescence: Regulation and Signalling / Riyaz Ahmad Dar, Inayatullah Tahir and Syed Sabhi Ahmad
- Molecular Builders of Cell Walls of Lignocellulosic Feedstock: A Source for Biofuels / Neeru Gandotra
- Recent Trends in Jasmonate Signaling Pathway / Tariq Ahmad Dar, Moinuddin, Nadeem Hashmi, Mohd Idrees and Akbar Ali
- Salicylic Acid Signaling / Asım Kadıoğlu and Aykut Sağlam
- Ethylene Signaling in Plants: Introspection / Syed Sabhi Ahmad, Waseem Shahri, Shiekh Tajamul Islam, Riyaz Ahmad Dar and Inayatullah Tahir
- Plant, Mycorrhizal Fungi, and Bacterial Network / M. Miransari
- Self-Incompatibility Patterns and Signal Transduction / Latif Ahmad Peer
- Plant Disease Resistance Genes: From Perception to Signal Transduction / B. A. Padder.
- Publisher's Summary
- Plant signalling has emerged as an integrated field which has become indispensable in recent times to study any biological process. Over the last decade, an enormous amount of information has been generated in this field and the advances in information technology gave birth to bioinformatics which has helped greatly in managing the galaxy of information. It is now possible to view the different information's in a systems biology approach which has unravelled the association/ new processes and thus helped us enormously in understanding of the biological processes. The present book is an attempt at understanding the plant signalling processes with different perspectives. Even though the plants are sessile but there exists a tremendous interconnected network of perception at morphological, physiological and molecular levels. The impact of the surrounding environment in terms of abiotic and biotic stresses is significant in terms of its survival, adaptation and productivity for the human welfare. The plants possess a wide array of processes at the organ, tissue and cellular levels which are governed by a plethora of molecules. The molecules govern individual processes and these exists a cross talk between them to form a complex network of processes. The book tries to envision how different processes are operating at different points in the life cycle of the plant.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Available in another form
- Print version: Hakeem, Khalid Rehman. Plant signaling : Understanding the molecular crosstalk. Dordrecht : Springer, ©2013 ( 9788132215417 )
- 9788132215424 (electronic bk.)
- 8132215427 (electronic bk.)