Theory of third-order differential equations
- Seshadev Padhi, Smita Pati.
- New Delhi : Springer, 
- Physical description
- xv, 505 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Math & Statistics Library
|QA371 .P33 2014||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface.- Chapter 1: Introduction.- Chapter 2: Behaviour of Solutions of Linear Homogeneous Differential Equations of Third Order.- Chapter 3: Oscillation of Solutions of Linear Nonhomogeneous Differential Equations of Third Order.- Chapter 4: Oscillation and Nonoscillation of Homogeneous Third-order Nonlinear Differential Equations.- Chapter 5: Oscillation and Nonoscillation of Nonlinear Nonhomogeneous Differential Equations of Third Order.- Chapter 6: Oscillatory and Asymptotic Behavior of Solutions of Third Order Delay Differential Equations.- Chapter 7: Stability of Third Order Differential Equations.- References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9788132216131 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- This book discusses the theory of third-order differential equations. Most of the results are derived from the results obtained for third-order linear homogeneous differential equations with constant coefficients. M. Gregus, in his book written in 1987, only deals with third-order linear differential equations. These findings are old, and new techniques have since been developed and new results obtained. Chapter 1 introduces the results for oscillation and non-oscillation of solutions of third-order linear differential equations with constant coefficients, and a brief introduction to delay differential equations is given. The oscillation and asymptotic behavior of non-oscillatory solutions of homogeneous third-order linear differential equations with variable coefficients are discussed in Ch. 2. The results are extended to third-order linear non-homogeneous equations in Ch. 3, while Ch. 4 explains the oscillation and non-oscillation results for homogeneous third-order nonlinear differential equations. Chapter 5 deals with the z-type oscillation and non-oscillation of third-order nonlinear and non-homogeneous differential equations. Chapter 6 is devoted to the study of third-order delay differential equations. Chapter 7 explains the stability of solutions of third-order equations. Some knowledge of differential equations, analysis and algebra is desirable, but not essential, in order to study the topic.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9788132216131 20160612
- Differential equations.
- Publication date
- 9788132216131 (hbk.)
- 813221613X (hbk.)
- 9788132216148 (eBook)
- 8132216148 (eBook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: