Optimization approaches for solving string selection problems
QA402.5 .P376 2013
- Unknown QA402.5 .P376 2013
- Includes bibliographical references.
- 1. Biological Sequences.- 2. Strings: Theory, Properties and Applications.- 3. Mathematical Optimization.- 4. String Selection Problems.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Optimization Approaches for Solving String Selection Problems provides an overview of optimization methods for a wide class of genomics-related problems in relation to the string selection problems. This class of problems addresses the recognition of similar characteristics or differences within biological sequences. Specifically, this book considers a large class of problems, ranging from the closest string and substring problems, to the farthest string and substring problems, to the far from most string problem. Each problem includes a detailed description, highlighting both biological and mathematical features and presents state-of-the-art approaches. This Brief provides a quick introduction of optimization methods for string selection problems for young scientists and a detailed description of the mathematical and computational methods developed for experts in the field of optimization who want to deepen their understanding of the string selection problems. Researchers, practitioners and graduate students in the field of Computer Science, Operation Research, Mathematics, Computational Biology and Biomedicine will find this book useful.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Elisa Pappalardo, Panos M. Pardalos, Giovanni Stracquadanio.
- SpringerBriefs in optimization
- 1461490529 (pbk.)
- 9781461490524 (pbk.)
- 1461490537 (ebook)
- 9781461490531 (ebook)